Cattle Annie

Help Support CattleToday:

she must be holding out for a really really super dooper good post!!! but no pressure...

she's been gone for quite some time now... gotta be goin on 3-4 weeks. My brother made a post a lil while back with this same topic and she hasn't posted yet...

M Gravlee":iaq4i27j said:
CattleAnnie has not logged in here or on the http://Ranchers.net BullSession since March 30th. Hope all is OK, Annie. We miss you! :cry:
I just sent her an email. I personally havn't heard from her in weeks. Hopefully everything is OK with her and her family.

Just like everyone else, I hope that all is well with Annie. There is no doubt that she is one of the smartest ladies in this business. No, let me rephrase that---she is one of the smartest people in this business. She has so much to teach everyone and is always, always, always more concerned about others than she is herself. I bet if you looked up "Special Lady" in the dictionary, you would find a picture of CattleAnnie.

With all of that said, this is not what she wanted. Everybody doesn't want the Guru title. And that isn't intended to imply anything derogatory or defamatory. It just simply means that some people do not want it! And some people limit their posts because of that. There's a lot of losers when that happens. Not saying that's what she's doing. But if it's a choice of that or something being wrong, I hope that's what it is. Annie's a Guru in a lot of different ways. And I suspect she was before she ever made her first post on these Boards. If she doesn't want to be called a Guru here, I'm not gonna make a big deal about it. Because she deserves that respect.

These are her words from another thread a few weeks ago. One of those where there was a lot of arguing and bickering going on and the subject of Gurus came up. I thought I remembered her thoughts on this subject, but it took me a while to find them again. As usual, nobody can say it better. I know exactly how she feels. 'Cause now I've just used up one more of those notches she talks about.

CattleAnnie":j8fzexvz said:
No offence to the "gurus", but personally I wish (and I'd bet the high quantity posters aka 'gurus' do too) that 1000 posts wouldn't give a person that title. My number of posts reflects the fact that I enjoy this site, and now that the number is getting up there I dread the day when the "guru" title is placed under my name.

Why? Cause I've got so much to learn about cattle, the beef industry and life in general. And after corresponding with many of the aforementioned 'gurus', most seem to be humble, down-to-earth people that I'll take the liberty of saying would probably agree with that outlook.

The honorary title just leads to spats like this and takes away from friendly sharing of information and ideas, which I figure is what this board was initially started for...and there's nothing you can do about it, because every post you make is just another notch on the climb to Q&A Board Guru status. Whether you want it or not.

That's a great post Texan.
Knowing CA, her service is not down. She is more than likely elbow deep in calvin' or equipment maintence. And during hay season, we don't here from her for months on end. Very busy lady. She has my respect!!
Take Care Cattle Annie!!!!!!!!

Annie and I used to talk on a regular basis I guess I need to call and see it everthing is OK and to recap Texan this is a special Lady.

she could just get a new name and start over every time she gets to 999. i bet shes just busy.

I didn't realize Guru status was a bad thing but I'm beginning to realize that others do. When I see Guru status I just think they are friendly people who are willing to share their experiences and maybe those experiences will help someone who has hit a new experience themselves. There's a first time for everything for everyone. It helps to talk to people who have been there, done that. If for no other reason than to reasure yourself that you're on the right track. Please don't let Guru status keep you from posting. I don't look down on anyone for having that status and I hope others don't either. Please accept my congratulations Cattle Annie. I enjoy hearing from you as well as all the others.

I already consider Cattle Annie a guru. Guru statis for me is something someone earns for the quality of their post not the quanity. A smiley face or some other short reply a thousand times can make someone a guru that hasn't said a thing. I've been around to know who are the gurus here. Not from my time on the board but from my time spent with cattle. Cattle Annie has already earned the title long before she hits 1000 post.

Bama":3hhsw3zj said:
Cattle Annie has already earned the title long before she hits 1000 post.
Cattle Annie is definitely a Guru in my book. She has forgotten more about real cattle ranching than probaly 90% or more know.

Latest posts