Camp Cooley is for sale.

Help Support CattleToday:

Doubt he's hurting all that bad...probably bought it for peanuts and going to sell it for gold bricks...add in the value of lifestyle and pastime written off as ranching expenses. If set up and run like a business when the apple cart us upset ya regroup and look for another applecart. Can't take it with you anyway.

1982vett":2tdfuk57 said:
Doubt he's hurting all that bad...probably bought it for peanuts and going to sell it for gold bricks...add in the value of lifestyle and pastime written off as ranching expenses. If set up and run like a business when the apple cart us upset ya regroup and look for another applecart. Can't take it with you anyway.
Word going around was that the ranch was profitable....other of his companies were the ones having the problems requiring the bankruptcy.....the place is gorgeous...and has a lot of gas production on it....you can put a lot of wells on 12 thousand acres. :nod:

thats 1 heck of a ranch an it appears tobe setup just right for the reg breeder.but they wont even release the asking price wich is strange.there was a 10,000 ranch not far from me that they wanted $15 mill for or more.the reason that i knew the price is because i knew the people that had it listed.

itll take them along time to sell it.i read a few months ago that they wanted to get out from under it by march of 2011.

ALACOWMAN":3mo655dq said:
betting camp cooley got some top notch infrastructure that'll send the price up there

Absolutely...seems I read somewhere that it was around $60 million.....I could be way off. Could be much more...spent 12 million on it since he bought it. People like that seem to always have "contacts". Some consortium of investors will probably all kick in a buy it.

The price was just lowered to around the 33-35 million dollar mark. It is an impressive place to say the least. It doenst seem to matter where you are at on the place there is beutiful knee deep pastures of bermuda grass.

Flying G":qz6kv0c5 said:
The price was just lowered to around the 33-35 million dollar mark. It is an impressive place to say the least. It doenst seem to matter where you are at on the place there is beutiful knee deep pastures of bermuda grass.
cheaper than i would have thought... it should bring that just for the hunting alone,, nowdays you could sell timeshares for folks to play cowboy :cowboy:

when i first read about it i was thinking $30 to $35 million was more than a fair price.

I have spent many summers on that ranch. My uncle, Mike Nichols, worked as their ai tech/vet for a while. Nice ranch.

bigbull338":hmigg0id said:
when i first read about it i was thinking $30 to $35 million was more than a fair price.

The mineral rights are worth that much....whoever buys it is getting the minerals and at the price stated it will be a steal.

TexasBred":1zcf7wce said:
bigbull338":1zcf7wce said:

The mineral rights are worth that much....whoever buys it is getting the minerals and at the price stated it will be a steal.
ok i just gotta ask this 1,why in the world would he sell the mineral rights at all since CCR has producing oil an gas wells on it.that dont make sense.i can see him retaining some mineral rights since its producing.most land sales dont have 100% of mineral rights going with the sale.im surprised if he owns any mineral rights to CCR.

bigbull338":302jweik said:
TexasBred":302jweik said:
bigbull338":302jweik said:

ok i just gotta ask this 1,why in the world would he sell the mineral rights at all since CCR has producing oil an gas wells on it.that dont make sense.i can see him retaining some mineral rights since its producing.most land sales dont have 100% of mineral rights going with the sale.im surprised if he owns any mineral rights to CCR.
Putting whatever minerals he owns with the surface rights may be the very enticement that makes the deal work for potential buyers. there are already some producing wells on the property but no guarantee they will drill more but I'd guess the chances are 90% or better. Robertson county has some of the largest producing gas wells in the world, they are long lasting wells with slow depletion and drilling is still very active in the area.

Latest posts