Calf thread!

Help Support CattleToday:

You have some nice calves there. Glad you enjoy your cattle. How was Grandpa on his Bday?

Thank you Katie. They are definitely one of my favorite breeds.
Thanks nobull!
Fitz, thank you, he enjoyed it very much. He turned 74 I believe. :D
Here are some pictures I took 4/20, yesterday, because it was a very nice day. The calves are gaining quite a bit of weight. I think this bull raises better females than bull calves, personally. I think most of my bull calves look pretty feminine, but still are gaining weight, so that's alright since I'm raising to sell. I think there are 2 that look the most bully. One is black, and the other is my favorite bull calf. He discovered he can make that low grunt moo and was doing it the entire time I was out there yesterday. He loves the ladies. :roll:
Heifer from a 1st calver in the weeds. 4 months old.
tumblr_nn4whuHmxt1rdftrko2_500.jpg

British white X black angus bull calf
tumblr_nn4wjapkpZ1rdftrko1_500.jpg

Not a very good picture, but my shorthorn heifer's red calf in the back. She is almost a month old.
tumblr_nn4wjm1jNM1rdftrko1_500.jpg

A very fat bull calf. 4 months I believe.
tumblr_nn4wioUCWk1rdftrko1_540.jpg

4 month old baldy bull calf next to a 1st calver (no, he isn't nursing her.)
tumblr_nn4wid0F361rdftrko1_540.jpg

A yearling heifer being curious. Daughter of my old brindle cow that died. She is an f1 x angus, so hereford, brahman and angus. She is the leader of the calves and gets into everything. :roll:
tumblr_nn6c9wCucT1rdftrko1_540.jpg

Thanks williams, they are growing great.
Baldie will be 5 months on May 15th.
tumblr_nnna81I91I1rdftrko1_640.jpg

Red heifer is a month old.
tumblr_nnna81I91I1rdftrko3_640.jpg

4 months old, will turn 5 months on May 5th.
tumblr_nnna81I91I1rdftrko4_640.jpg

5 month old bull calf.
tumblr_nnna81I91I1rdftrko7_640.jpg

1 month heifer calf.
tumblr_nnna81I91I1rdftrko8_640.jpg

Yearling heifer will be 2 this November
tumblr_nnna81I91I1rdftrko6_640.jpg

Calves are doing fantastic, but because of the storms lately, a dead tree fell down and broke a part of the fence that isn't easily seen. Of course, the bull finds it. :roll:
Here's a couple pictures today. Soon I'll have to try to get pictures of them all.
Baldie bull calf at 5 months exactly today. Mom's 2nd calf.
tumblr_noeuq3KfPt1rdftrko1_500.jpg

Bull calf at 5 months. This is her 4th, but she has only raised 3. Her previous calf weaned at about 760 when he was pushing 8 months.
tumblr_noeuq3KfPt1rdftrko2_500.jpg

Calves are getting big!
This heifer is coming 2 year old. Of course has a bit of longhorn in her and doesn't look amazing, but I am hoping she will be a good cow like her Momma is. The bull calf in front of her is her brother.
tumblr_npsr2mNoIe1rdftrko1_640.jpg

6 month old bull calf.
tumblr_npsr3t4Avm1rdftrko1_640.jpg

Blazed face calf is 6 months and is from a first calver. the other is from one of my grandfather's old cows.
tumblr_npsr3mLQDl1rdftrko1_640.jpg

6 months old.
tumblr_npsr3dDVGu1rdftrko2_640.jpg

My favorite calf is 7 months old as of yesterday.
tumblr_npsr1tHzU81rdftrko2_640.jpg

Took a few pictures today.
Here is my shorthorn heifer's calf next to my favorite bull calf. The heifer is 3 months.
tumblr_npyfmgdfhZ1rdftrko1_540.jpg

Heifer that will calve this year.
tumblr_npyfkmWfZj1rdftrko1_540.jpg

Baldie bull calf is 6 months old.
tumblr_npyfl1msT51rdftrko1_540.jpg

One in front is a 4 month old heifer from a 1st calver and second is a 6 month old bull calf. Do not care for his rear very much.
tumblr_npyfl9F4ki1rdftrko1_540.jpg

One in front is a 5 month old bull calf belongs to a longhorn cross cow. He is very fat. Other is a 4-5 month old bull calf.
tumblr_npyfljDpcF1rdftrko1_540.jpg

Heifer calf 6-7 months.
tumblr_npyflrdwSz1rdftrko1_540.jpg

Some booty.
tumblr_npyfm0xmJc1rdftrko1_540.jpg

Calf is not pleased with me taking pictures :roll:
tumblr_npyfm8IKD51rdftrko1_540.jpg

Bonus picture of one my grown cows checking for some cubes lol
tumblr_npyfkbL1FZ1rdftrko2_640.jpg

Calves are starting to get 7 months old so we will start weaning and selling next week. I went through and marked which ones to wean and sell today in our paperwork. I will update next week with prices if the weather and calves cooperate ;-) I do have to say I don't like this year's calves very much. I think I will sell the bull soon.
7 month old heifer. Angus with a tiny bit of shorthorn. Really wish I had gotten a better picture of her that does her more justice. Will be keeping her. Her sister should calve this year.
tumblr_nq5y0jIoSu1rdftrko1_540.jpg

7 month old heifer. Angus with a bit of brangus. Not sure if keeping or selling yet, I don't like her tail set much, but her family raises good calves.
tumblr_nq5y0bq38D1rdftrko1_540.jpg

5 month old heifer. Angus and brangus. Momma's first calf, but I will probably keep her since she is growing off so well.
tumblr_nq5y1p7fPQ1rdftrko1_540.jpg

The momma. Brangus and Angus and has done great for a 1st calver. Daughter of my oldest cow.
tumblr_nq5y1zLfgP1rdftrko1_540.jpg

Almost 7 month old heifer from a first calver. Mainly angus. Will probably sell.
tumblr_nq5y2awLk81rdftrko1_540.jpg

3 month old heifer. Momma is 3/4 angus and 1/4 hereford.
tumblr_nq5y1g4vQL1rdftrko1_540.jpg

5 month old heifer from a 1st calver. Will sell when old enough.
tumblr_nq5y0un6sm1rdftrko1_540.jpg

Looking good. They are really growing. I am about ready to replace my bull. I am going to soon start looking for a good one.

Thanks! What breed are you looking for? I am definitely ready to get rid of mine, he's gotten out 3 times. No idea how he finds all the dead trees that storms knock over, but he does. None of my cows ever find them, just him, and they're always in dense woods. :roll: Not to mention I don't like his calves that well. Bull before him was definitely better.

Started weaning and selling yesterday. Grandpa sold 2, I sold 3.
Blazed face heifer calf (from first calver) weighed 395 and brought $2.65
Black bull calf weighed 500 and brought $2.375
Black bull calf weighed 590 and brought $2.125

We will get more up in the 2nd week of July.

Latest posts