second calf

Help Support CattleToday:

I was going to take a picture of calf #8. But he laid down just as I snapped the picture. I didn't want to walk through the cows to get him up so no picture of #8.
First picture is #6 laying by her mom.
Second picture is #5 who has always been pretty mobile. She goes from one end of the feed row to the other has she pleases.
The third picture might be #7. There is 4 black calves out there now. They all look alike. The blond calf laying in this picture is #2. She doesn't have an ear tag because she can really run.

have P1223164.JPGP1223162.JPGP1223167.JPG

our second calf was born last night, black white mottled face heifer out of an old longhorn, brahma, herford crossbred cow that has udders that are getting kinda big but raises a great calf every year that never resembles her but the bull.

This is her second from our black, with a little white spot on his face (not homzygous) simangus bull that usually produces a black white or mott face calf. Her last baby was our only red baldy heifer from last year/ same bull

Attachments

• Calf 2 2024 Jan 30 black WF .jpg
    Calf 2 2024 Jan 30 black WF .jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Pretty large "teats"!

As long as the calf can sort it out, all good.
That ol gal has done a good job for you I reckon.
She gives us a good one every year. She came with a load of angus and charlaois cross heifers a few years back and seems to outperform the others and have a better baby every year except the one year we had a brahma bull in with them. He did a good job with the others but her baby that year was a lunatic

Latest posts