CAB

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan":80i4ktmn said:
lakading":80i4ktmn said:
El_Putzo":80i4ktmn said:
lakading":80i4ktmn said:
But Snickers lists the ingredients on the package.

Exactly, but does CAB do the same and say that the ingredients in that pound of hamburger may not actually be Angus????

Just where do we suppose the 51% black comes from?

Holstein?

It could Alan.

Very easily.

Bez!

MikeC":178wqtnv said:
For your information, "Angus" is a registered breed of cattle also.
NOT just a "BRAND" of meat. :lol: :lol:

That's my point. CAB is the brand. Angus is the breed.

lakading":7jq3zuij said:
MikeC":7jq3zuij said:

The name is misleading the consumer, and by CAB standards Reds would not make it.

Alan

lakading":3klpmoxa said:
MikeC":3klpmoxa said:

You're not doing a good job of making your point at all because "ANGUS" is part of the "Brand".

That, and the "Certified" part together in the brand is a lie. Plain and simple.

Alan":1wt7duc5 said:
The name is misleading the consumer, and by CAB standards Reds would not make it.

Alan

My contention is that the taste is what the brand is selling. You guys I guess think the consumers are picturing black angus cattle instead of a tasty steak in a certain package that satisfies their pallet.

I'm willing to agree to disagree.

lakading":d4zj1tmr said:
Alan":d4zj1tmr said:

Alan

My contention is that the taste is what the brand is selling. You guys I guess think the consumers are picturing black angus cattle instead of a tasty steak in a certain package that satisfies their pallet.

I think all points have been made so I too will agree that we disagree. Would like to see some others defend your point, maybe later tonight.

Thanks lakading it's been fun and it put me behind in my chores.
Alan

lakading":33075h49 said:
Alan":33075h49 said:

Alan

Well, disagree with this.........Is there not a "picture" of an "Angus" on the label of every package of CAB beef?

This is a PM I sent to MikeC so as not to fill up the thread with personal exchanges. Included is the response I got. Thanks for showing your true colors, Mike.

MikeC":2jwto29t said:
lakading":2jwto29t said:
I'll worry about myself thanks. If you don't agree with my views, I invite you to stop reading them.

Looks like your not doing to good a job of it. If you you don't like my views you can kiss my ass!

And for the record, I didn't say I don't like your views.

MikeC":2g2xwte7 said:
lakading":2g2xwte7 said:
Alan":2g2xwte7 said:

Alan

Well, disagree with this.........Is there not a "picture" of an "Angus" on the label of every package of CAB beef?

Well, disagree with this.........Is it not the TASTE that brings back the repeat buyers?

What does hide color have to do with the taste of the steak?

I've had a CAB steak that was tough as shoe leather, also had steaks out of animals with red hide that were quite good.

It's all in how the beef was fed out. Certain breeds marble better than others. Also in how the beef is cut and proceesed.

lakading":3cnso59n said:
MikeC":3cnso59n said:
lakading":3cnso59n said:
Alan":3cnso59n said:

Alan

Well, disagree with this.........Is it not the TASTE that brings back the repeat buyers?

Could it be the Sim taste, or the Limi taste? :lol: :lol:

MikeC":28m2qyn4 said:
lakading":28m2qyn4 said:
MikeC":28m2qyn4 said:
lakading":28m2qyn4 said:
Alan":28m2qyn4 said:

Alan

Could it be the Sim taste, or the Limi taste? :lol: :lol:

Whatever it is, to the consumer it is the TASTE of CAB. Period.

lakading":39rcyjra said:
Bez!":39rcyjra said:
Why would you defend this?

Your answer will certainly announce your personal ethics.

Bez!

This has nothing to do with me being an Angus producer. I'm simply stating the rules of CAB and telling you not to eat it if you don't agree with them.

Personally, heck yes I'd like CAB to be 100% Angus. Over half at a bare minimum.

As far as what you say about the reds making CAB, I have no personal knowledge of this.

While it will not matter to you - from all appearances, you have proved my point. You are prepared to NOT demand your org put the truth to the public.

You defend something that could be and sometimes is smoke and mirrors.

Would it be appropriate for me to sell cattle out my front gate to a client that is not what he/she expected it to be?

When you come to the forefront and decide you actually do have the ethics to stand up and state CAB does not always equal Angus - and therefore it is false advertising - well, we will talk.

Bez!

lakading":2kkq9l7z said:
This is a PM I sent to MikeC so as not to fill up the thread with personal exchanges. Included is the response I got. Thanks for showing your true colors, Mike.

MikeC":2kkq9l7z said:
lakading":2kkq9l7z said:
I'll worry about myself thanks. If you don't agree with my views, I invite you to stop reading them.

Looks like your not doing to good a job of it. If you you don't like my views you can kiss my ass!

And for the record, I didn't say I don't like your views.

Lakading,

Let's try to keep this on at least a 4th grade level here. Being a tattle tale is not going to gain you any popularity. Posting Private Messages is pretty juvenile in my, and most other peoples opinions.

As you say though, we will simply have to agree to disagree as some people can't see the forest for the trees.

Bez!":2isdv1zs said:
While it will not matter to you - from all appearances, you have proved my point. You are prepared to NOT demand your org put the truth to the public.

When you come to the forefront and decide you actually do have the ethics to stand up and state CAB does not always equal Angus - and therefore it is false advertising - well, we will talk.

Bez!

I see nowhere in the USDA guidelines where it says CAB always = Angus.

You have to make a claim before it can be false.

Anyway, CAB advertises so much that many consumers probably think it is superior to USDA Prime. I guess we should sue over that too?!?

Most of the CAB I have eaten is pretty bland, really.

I would hate to see them marketing taste for CAB, it isn't very tasty to me.

CHB has way more beef taste, than CAB.

mtnman

El_Putzo":11am1ty7 said:
Lakading,

Posting Private Messages is pretty juvenile in my, and most other peoples opinions.

So it should be my duty to demand "my org" make CAB 100% Angus, but I should not let the others on the board know about what I see as a potential character flaw in someone they may be taking advice from?

I tried to do the courteous thing and keep it private and civil.

I should have posted my first comment here and he could have posted his reply here. Point taken. I won't waste my time on PMs anymore. Sorry if my actions offended. I'll know better next time.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2zrq8owg said:
Just for the record - dairy cattle may cut lean - but they generally marble very well. Jersey is the number one marbling breed.

You're absolutely right. My mistake. :oops: Have to get back to work. Will see how this is going tonight.

I tried to do the courteous thing and keep it private and civil.

A$$ kissing should always be private and civil. :lol: :lol:

Of course, you knew that.

mtnman":1th9o3gc said:
Most of the CAB I have eaten is pretty bland, really.

I would hate to see them marketing taste for CAB, it isn't very tasty to me.

CHB has way more beef taste, than CAB.

mtnman

3 out of 4 taste tests showed it too!

Latest posts