92% CAB & Prime

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
Some people have it figured out.

We're feeding calves the same way everyone else does," Pete Mitts says. "There's nothing really special about them; they're just cattle."

A modest cover-up — most would call a load of calves that grades 56.4% USDA premium Choice and 35.9% Prime with 92.3% meeting Certified Angus Beef ® (CAB® ) brand standards anything but "just cattle." Nevertheless, Mitts and John Osborn have been working on feeding these "ordinary ol' cattle" together near Savannah, Mo., for more than a decade.

Full article here: http://www.angus.org/pub/newsroom/relea ... sults.aspx

I don't personally know the man they call Big John Osborn. At the Maryvile acution a few weeks ago he sold 49 three year olds, and 47 four year olds as well as a dozen older cows. The acutioneer said it was a dispersal, and after reading the article, I decided it was a dispersal of the 3's and 4's. When he talked about 90 percent choice and prime at the sale, I thought yeah, right. Evidently, they had some bulls that didn't produce the way they wanted and got rid of these young cows.I'm gonna' try to meet John cuz'I really want to pick his brain, even though I think Mitts is probably the brain of the outfit If we could all raise this type of cattle, it would sure make things easier. gs

Latest posts