CAB

Help Support CattleToday:

lakading":1c8qt6lq said:
Alan":1c8qt6lq said:
lakading":1c8qt6lq said:
I could tell you that I'm certified in CPR. Would you automaticall assume that I'm an EMT?

That is not even close to being the same comparision. CAB is advertising that they are certifying that they are marketing Angus beef by the use of the name Certified Angus Beef. Angus is a breed of cattle, not just cow meat.

To me it's like going into a resturant and ordering a gourmet hamburger for 10 bucks and having them bring me a Big Mac, then telling me it's still a hamburger most people don't know the difference.

Alan

Again, you're trying to REDEFINE what Certified Angus is. It is not up to you to decide. There are guidelines. If you buy a product that you are uninformed about, then you haven't done your due dilligence. Ignorance not an excuse.

It's the same as car manufacturers saying that their cars are American made. If you research it, I'm sure you'll find that many of them have some foreign aspects to them. It is still up to the consumer to conduct due dilligence before they make the CONSCIOUS DECISION to purchase.

So when I buy CAB = certified ANGUS beef from the store - and get a black Simmental that meets the quality grade - it is MY fault?

You sir are not part of the problem - you are the problem!!

You perpetuate the lie and in the end become one yourself.

In fact it is the Angus folks who should be kicking up a fuss - and yet they do not.

Shame on them! Surely they are not all like you?!?! :p :p :p :p

Bez!

lakading":h11i8ull said:
Bez!":h11i8ull said:
CAB is simply advertising - and it is often false advertising - and there is a serious effort to perpetuate the lie in this advertising.

Go back and read the CAB guidelines and then present your so-called "facts" behind your false advertising/lie accusations.

Definition of Certified: endorsed authoritatively as having met certain requirements.

You placed the emphasis on the wrong word.

Angus = Simmental = Charlois? :p :p :p :p

Or, Angus = Angus? :roll: :roll:

You decide. If you can. :D :D

Truth from the organization and from the advertisement - well, it might be nice.

Bez!

lakading":27qguo5n said:
Definition of Certified: endorsed authoritatively as having met certain requirements.

I don't think the word "Ceritified" is the word that some people have a problem with. I'm pretty sure it's that next word, or actually the combination of the two. :lol: :lol:

Bez!":2jxxvz42 said:
lakading":2jxxvz42 said:
Alan":2jxxvz42 said:
lakading":2jxxvz42 said:
I could tell you that I'm certified in CPR. Would you automaticall assume that I'm an EMT?

That is not even close to being the same comparision. CAB is advertising that they are certifying that they are marketing Angus beef by the use of the name Certified Angus Beef. Angus is a breed of cattle, not just cow meat.

To me it's like going into a resturant and ordering a gourmet hamburger for 10 bucks and having them bring me a Big Mac, then telling me it's still a hamburger most people don't know the difference.

Alan

Again, you're trying to REDEFINE what Certified Angus is. It is not up to you to decide. There are guidelines. If you buy a product that you are uninformed about, then you haven't done your due dilligence. Ignorance not an excuse.

It's the same as car manufacturers saying that their cars are American made. If you research it, I'm sure you'll find that many of them have some foreign aspects to them. It is still up to the consumer to conduct due dilligence before they make the CONSCIOUS DECISION to purchase.

So when I buy CAB = certified ANGUS beef from the store - and get a black Simmental that meets the quality grade - it is MY fault?

You sir are not part of the problem - you are the problem!!

You perpetuate the lie and in the end become one yourself.

In fact it is the Angus folks who should be kicking up a fuss - and yet they do not.

Shame on them! Surely they are not all like you?!?! :p :p :p :p

Bez!

Yes, IMO it is your fault for not knowing what you're buying. Of course these days instead of taking accountability for one's own ignorance, it is easier to just sue somebody else for supposedly pulling the wool over their eyes.

See the above post. I'm not endorsing the rules. Just stating them.

Bez!":thoxcdqu said:
lakading":thoxcdqu said:
Bez!":thoxcdqu said:
CAB is simply advertising - and it is often false advertising - and there is a serious effort to perpetuate the lie in this advertising.

Go back and read the CAB guidelines and then present your so-called "facts" behind your false advertising/lie accusations.

Well, I think the 51% black should answer your concern.

lakading":2o0ik4vy said:
Alan":2o0ik4vy said:
lakading":2o0ik4vy said:

Alan

We are talking about two different things. If I'm buying a T-Bone steak, I, as a meat lover know that it is a T-bone by looking at it, no research involved. Now if the T-Bone is CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF, the name alone tells me that it is truly Angus because the name says it is Certified Angus. Why would anyone be expected to research to see if it is not Angus. The consumers trust the product is truthful in its name branding. Again this is what law suits are made of. It's no different then going to a Chevy dealership and buying a red chevy PU and having bring you a red Ford, "but sir it's been certified by or mechanic as being Chevy."

Doesn't (shouldn't) work that way.
Alan

Bez!":3jdc59a7 said:

Bez!

Ok, so an interracial child is a fraud if they refer to themselves as African-American?

lakading":3po7v1hb said:
Yes, IMO it is your fault for not knowing what you're buying. Of course these days instead of taking accountability for one's own ignorance, it is easier to just sue somebody else for supposedly pulling the wool over their eyes.

Just curious here, but exactly how was Bez supposed to know that his CAB was actually simmental? Is there a disclaimer printed somewhere on each package that says "The beef you are consuming and believed to be Angus, may or may not actually be Angus". I raise my own beef so I don't know what the package says.

I bet you'd be awfully surprised and feel a little betrayed if the next time you opened your Snickers candy bar, you found a turd in there. :lol: :lol: Sorry I couldn't resist.

Alan":2zod3ocz said:
We are talking about two different things. If I'm buying a T-Bone steak, I, as a meat lover know that it is a T-bone by looking at it, no research involved. Now if the T-Bone is CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF, the name alone tells me that it is truly Angus because the name says it is Certified Angus. Why would anyone be expected to research to see if it is not Angus. The consumers trust the product is truthful in its name branding. Again this is what law suits are made of. It's no different then going to a Chevy dealership and buying a red chevy PU and having bring you a red Ford, "but sir it's been certified by or mechanic as being Chevy."

Doesn't (shouldn't) work that way.
Alan

Because nobody wants to take accountability for their purchasing decisions. I get that.

Anyway, people are buying CAB for the TASTE that they've come to expect from this BRAND!

NOT because they know what a purebred Angus is.

lakading":3exhl1js said:
Bez!":3exhl1js said:

Bez!

Ok, so an interracial child is a fraud if they refer to themselves as African-American?

Hey Ding-a-ling, You're digging yourself a hole here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're comparing apples to coconuts. I'd rather see you bow out gracefully than make a complete idiot of yourself.

:roll:

El_Putzo":3gvc83za said:
lakading":3gvc83za said:

Just curious here, but exactly how was Bez supposed to know that his CAB was actually simmental? Is there a disclaimer printed somewhere on each package that says "The beef you are consuming and believed to be Angus, may or may not actually be Angus". I raise my own beef so I don't know what the package says.

I bet you'd be awfully surprised and feel a little betrayed if the next time you opened your Snickers candy bar, you found a turd in there. :lol: :lol: Sorry I couldn't resist.

turd. :lol:

But Snickers lists the ingredients on the package. If you ASSUME CAB is 100% Angus that is different.

Well if the CAB standard is 51% black it sure lowers all Black Angus standards as a breed.

By those standards a 100% top quailty Red Angus could not be in the Ceritified Angus Beef program.

Makes sense to me! :roll:

Alan

lakading":2wowup4b said:
But Snickers lists the ingredients on the package.

Exactly, but does CAB do the same and say that the ingredients in that pound of hamburger may not actually be Angus????

MikeC":2pstw1ph said:

You're comparing apples to coconuts. I'd rather see you bow out gracefully than make a complete idiot of yourself.

NO. Trying to equate the word CERTIFIED with 100% or PUREBRED is digging yourself a hole.

CAB has government guidelines. If you don't like them, that's your problem. It won't change them though.

Again, it is a BRAND. If you don't like the brand, don't eat it. Don't act like the next idiot down the road and suggest a lawsuit because you don't agree with how a brand is marketed.

El_Putzo":2b8dubpe said:
lakading":2b8dubpe said:

Exactly, but does CAB do the same and say that the ingredients in that pound of hamburger may not actually be Angus????

Just where do we suppose the 51% black comes from?

lakading":3b7qvkmu said:
El_Putzo":3b7qvkmu said:
lakading":3b7qvkmu said:

Just where do we suppose the 51% black comes from?

Holstein?

lakading":jsvphgyz said:
El_Putzo":jsvphgyz said:
lakading":jsvphgyz said:

turd. :lol:

But Snickers lists the ingredients on the package. If you ASSUME CAB is 100% Angus that is different.

As a consumer - if it says CAB - I would expect to get ANGUS - would I not?

Would you not want me to? - you are an Angus producer.

You are actually satisfied that your org tells a lie to the consumer?

I am somehow astonished that you would even accept this.

In fact CAB might have zero Angus in it - or it might have less than 50% Angus. Or whatever. As long as it makes some type of grade. Then why worry about the colour either - as there are many red animals that make grade?

You are happy to see this? Once again I am astonished.

It appears your whole org is prepared to let this stand. Is that truly honesty in advertising? Or is it simply opportunism?

Why would you defend this?

Your answer will certainly announce your personal ethics.

Bez!

Lakading,

You seem to be on your own on this, your answers just don't make sense. Certified Angus implies Angus.

Alan

lakading":1pvoxd1h said:
MikeC":1pvoxd1h said:

NO. Trying to equate the word CERTIFIED with 100% or PUREBRED is digging yourself a hole.

CAB has government guidelines. If you don't like them, that's your problem. It won't change them though.

Again, it is a BRAND. If you don't like the brand, don't eat it. Don't act like the next idiot down the road and suggest a lawsuit because you don't agree with how a brand is marketed.

Yada, Yada, Yada, "Government Guidelines" WHOOPY DO !

For your information, "Angus" is a registered breed of cattle also.
NOT just a "BRAND" of meat. :lol: :lol:

Bez!":8iljly37 said:
Why would you defend this?

Your answer will certainly announce your personal ethics.

Bez!

This has nothing to do with me being an Angus producer. I'm simply stating the rules of CAB and telling you not to eat it if you don't agree with them.

Personally, heck yes I'd like CAB to be 100% Angus. Over half at a bare minimum.

As far as what you say about the reds making CAB, I have no personal knowledge of this.

Latest posts