Butcher messed up...

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy":10tkpjzs said:
curtis":10tkpjzs said:
I heard that cats are their favorite meal.
I heard it was human legs...especially farmers... :lol: I was told they very rearly have cat as they are to fast for them on land and cats very rearly go near water. Dog on the other hand get got far more often. Captive Gators are feed fish. Get your facts straight before trying to upset the Cat community.
cheeky_10.gif

OK little girl from across the pond, not trying to upset the cat lovers community, but as Joe Friday from Dragnet always said , just the facts Mam.

Here are some facts, i know some gator farmers that have live traps all over the Parrish that are baited with one small piece of sardine.

They catch possums, coons and cats. The cage is lifted above the hungry gators and the trap door is opened. Its a lot cheaper than buying the fish for feed .

If you think the Cajuns give a flying monkeys butt about what you , me or anyone else thinks about how they feed there gators you are mistaken.

Next time you have a plate of gator in front of you listen good, you might just hear, :shock: Meow.

We are a little north for gators but we have a few with more comeing ( along with hogs an fire ants) but last year two were in a local small lake. (Crystal lake Curtis) Game an Fish were there one night to catch them an weren't having any luck an one of the guys that had found them to start with said they would come after his dogs but the game an fish guys didn't think so. Anyway he went an got his dogs an left them in the truck an as soon as they started barking the gators came out of the water an started for them. They killed a 11 foot one an cought the other that was a little smaller.

jedstivers":3nl6ws2x said:
We are a little north for gators but we have a few with more comeing ( along with hogs an fire ants) but last year two were in a local small lake. (Crystal lake Curtis) Game an Fish were there one night to catch them an weren't having any luck an one of the guys that had found them to start with said they would come after his dogs but the game an fish guys didn't think so. Anyway he went an got his dogs an left them in the truck an as soon as they started barking the gators came out of the water an started for them. They killed a 11 foot one an cought the other that was a little smaller.

Storm Creek has had them for years along with Dagmar. I think Game & Fish put them there to control the beaver and muskrats.

curtis":3bshytgn said:
jedstivers":3bshytgn said:

Storm Creek has had them for years along with Dagmar. I think Game & Fish put them there to control the beaver and muskrats.
Always some on the low road too. Yeah they were released by G&F but that was years ago an I think they are just coming from south of us.

chrisy":qdojykcq said:
Yes might just do that andy, one of these days. Looked up on map and it should only take just under 2 hours to drive down. When I have my next holiday in August, I will pm you when I am coming and purhaps you can take time out to say Hello.
That will work out wel, just give a few days notice so that I can work my schedule to have time to give you a tour (bring a camera!) and a few pots of tea etc.

curtis":2xv2rewg said:
chrisy":2xv2rewg said:
curtis":2xv2rewg said:
I heard that cats are their favorite meal.
I heard it was human legs...especially farmers... :lol: I was told they very rearly have cat as they are to fast for them on land and cats very rearly go near water. Dog on the other hand get got far more often. Captive Gators are feed fish. Get your facts straight before trying to upset the Cat community.
cheeky_10.gif

OK little girl from across the pond, not trying to upset the cat lovers community, but as Joe Friday from Dragnet always said , just the facts Mam.

Here are some facts, i know some gator farmers that have live traps all over the Parrish that are baited with one small piece of sardine.

They catch possums, coons and cats. The cage is lifted above the hungry gators and the trap door is opened. Its a lot cheaper than buying the fish for feed .

If you think the Cajuns give a flying monkeys butt about what you , me or anyone else thinks about how they feed there gators you are mistaken.

Next time you have a plate of gator in front of you listen good, you might just hear, :shock: Meow.
Curtis was just jesting with you I know it goes on I'm not that nieve, as they say 'don't have a cow'.

andybob":1rkz3ufz said:
chrisy":1rkz3ufz said:
Yes might just do that andy, one of these days. Looked up on map and it should only take just under 2 hours to drive down. When I have my next holiday in August, I will pm you when I am coming and purhaps you can take time out to say Hello.
That will work out wel, just give a few days notice so that I can work my schedule to have time to give you a tour (bring a camera!) and a few pots of tea etc.
Okey Dokey will do that.

Gator season here opens back up soon and I can't wait. Me and a buddy did it last year for the first time and got a 13 footer and a 7 footer. It was so much fun that I'm gonna do it every year from now on. Tags are pricey, but with good friends its better than fishin offshore as far as fun factor goes.

hooknline":3j1bf1y3 said:
Gator season here opens back up soon and I can't wait. Me and a buddy did it last year for the first time and got a 13 footer and a 7 footer. It was so much fun that I'm gonna do it every year from now on. Tags are pricey, but with good friends its better than fishin offshore as far as fun factor goes.

I bought my tags from Jeffer's and I agree they are a bit pricey. :mrgreen:

Latest posts