BSE Time!

Help Support CattleToday:

Red Bull Breeder":34aanddx said:
True Grit are you thinking the bull isn't a dandy? I thought black was beautiful and chrome was great.

There are exceptions to the rule you know. But they do have the pedigrees and numbers. And let's not forget that one with the cool white face.

Just can't see what folk don't like about that blaze faced bull. That Tennessee Tuxseedoo fellar liked him a lot. He is a good judge of cattle ain't he?

Red Bull Breeder":ffe3ann0 said:
Just can't see what folk don't like about that blaze faced bull. That Tennessee Tuxseedoo fellar liked him a lot. He is a good judge of cattle ain't he?
Hmm I may not be the brightest bulb but I'm beginning to suspect sarcasm in your original comment :lol:

Lazy M":xv7de94p said:
Red Bull Breeder":xv7de94p said:
Hmm I may not be the brightest bulb but I'm beginning to suspect sarcasm in your original comment :lol:

Hellofabull the more like him the better.

Lazy M,

It was a dead give away. My dad would have said something like this,"Dam that's a BULL, you need two just like him".

:clap:

I didn't assume you needed help evaluating your bulls, Lazy M. People post a picture sometimes just to show their operation, facilities, what their farm looks like, etc. Screw the a$$holes that pretend to be a National Western Stockshow Judge.

Oh I don't really care.. Never put much stock in my cattle judging skills, but always like to learn what I'm not seeing that others are. Of course it helps when they actually point out the faults. I was joking with SupaDexta earlier, but I do agree that his criticism was accurate.

Lazy M":lgewwrvr said:
Oh I don't really care.. Never put much stock in my cattle judging skills, but always like to learn what I'm not seeing that others are. Of course it helps when they actually point out the faults. I was joking with SupaDexta earlier, but I do agree that his criticism was accurate.

Good. Most comments are intended to be constructive. On the other hand, others are not. Personally, I would not use a forum as a source for cattle evaluations.

inyati13":tfshribi said:
Lazy M":tfshribi said:

Good. Most comments are intended to be constructive. On the other hand, others are not. Personally, I would not use a forum as a source for cattle evaluations.
ashamed to admit that I've probably played on both sides of that fence myself on here

Lazy M":3s2hkhc2 said:
inyati13":3s2hkhc2 said:
Lazy M":3s2hkhc2 said:

ashamed to admit that I've probably played on both sides of that fence myself on here

I don't offer evaluations. First, still learning. Second, not something I enjoy.

The pictures of a marginal animal makes a lot of difference in judging one. But a really good bull is easy to pick out, and color doesn't matter. I call them a no-brainer.

Lazy M, A lot of people think a great bull is a fat bull with giant muscles that weigh 2400 lbs. Not saying your bulls are great or awesome or anything like that but I've seen many worse in many pastures. Several of those being Limousin :hide: . Personally I like evaluating livestock learned a long time ago that there isn't a perfect animal and that most have at least one good characteristic. I usually will find that characteristic before I start counting and giving the negatives.

Feel free to tee off on them. Not going to hurt my feelings and maybe me or someone else will learn something. I usually only keep bulls 3-5yrs so it's not like they are special to me.

Agreed and just for the record FlyingLsimmentals There's always going to be cattle that look like $hit in every breed. Good bulls Lazy M I do like the black better though. Joe

Bragg a mans bull up a little bit and get hammered for doing it. Sorry lazy M that you think I might be yanking your chain. I don't give a crap what Ron thinks. As for Flying l I can't say that I care much about what they think either. Seen some of the junk they have posted to.

Joe, I know that. Don't think I ever said that one breed was terrific or that any particular breed didn't have any bad or lower quality animals. I just didn't think his bulls are what I would call $hit. I've seen plenty of Limousin's I like and Red Bull has nice ones. Just pulling his tail a bit for the sarcasm allowing Lazy M to think he liked his bull.

Keep it clean. Above all else, do not take this into Politics or Religion. Dun the Hammer is probably mowing hay, no need for him to leave the hayfield.

I apologize if I misjudged RRB's comments. Judge not lest ye be judged. Oh crap, I almost got into Religion.

FlyingLSimmentals":1cre8flc said:
Joe, I know that. Don't think I ever said that one breed was terrific or that any particular breed didn't have any bad or lower quality animals. I just didn't think his bulls are what I would call $hit. I've seen plenty of Limousin's I like and Red Bull has nice ones. Just pulling his tail a bit for the sarcasm allowing Lazy M to think he liked his bull.
I feel like you're giving me some back handed complements here..

inyati13":269pbfrh said:
Keep it clean. Above all else, do not take this into Politics or Religion. Dun the Hammer is probably mowing hay, no need for him to leave the hayfield.

I apologize if I misjudged RRB's comments. Judge not lest ye be judged. Oh crap, I almost got into Religion.
Wished the rain would let up for a few days so I could mow instead of wasting time here..

Latest posts