BSE Time!

Help Support CattleToday:

Lazy M

Reaction score

Just finished up. All checked out. Of the 5 that we tested the blaze faced sim bull (2yr old) scored the best with 48 cm nuts.
Told the vet that it was weird that he shares a cigarette with each bull after he's finished :lol:

Congrats! It feels good to turn them out and know their ripe! I just turned 5 out myself that were tested good. 2- Black Gelbvieh, 2-Black Balancers and 1- Polled Hereford. Good Luck! B&G

Supa Dexta":1431xqqa said:
He musta put all the growth in his nuts and not his back.
Unfortunately still not sufficient to fill up your mouth, but I agree that he could use more thickness in his back.

Lazy M":1fnf6nn8 said:
Supa Dexta":1fnf6nn8 said:
He musta put all the growth in his nuts and not his back.
Unfortunately still not sufficient to fill up your mouth, but I agree that he could use more thickness in his back.

I'm sorry, but that made me chuckle.

Supa Dexta":39ic9xoq said:
No need to be like that when we're in agreeance about it. Glad they passed for ya.
Sorry couldn't resist :lol:

Hard to tell much about the bulls from the pic other than they are not thick thick thick on top. The blaze bull looks like he has a nice stout neck. I'm guessing he's a pretty nice bull! My bulls are coming back from their BSE's this spring with larger scrotal measurements than years before. My barely 18 month old Black Simmental brought in a 45 cm. Good Luck with your bulls.

Couple of more pics of the sim bull

Not perfect, but he'll work

Mo Better is his sire. He was an embryo calf. I bought him and his maternal brother (sired by NLC Upgrade) last year hoping to get more performance from steers and add a little more frame to replacements. Been impressed so far with their spring calves. Too early to tell much though.

Lazy M":2dcv32dz said:
Mo Better is his sire. He was an embryo calf. I bought him and his maternal brother (sired by NLC Upgrade) last year hoping to get more performance from steers and add a little more frame to replacements. Been impressed so far with their spring calves. Too early to tell much though.

I like Mo Better. Go to the pictures in the Day Dream thread. The heifer nursing is a Mo Better. I named her Miss Mo.

Good Bull. Be nicer if he had more muscle on the hips. Looks really nice from his shoulders forward. I like the Mo Better sire and have wished I had some of him in my herd but just haven't been able to add any.

Red Bull Breeder":3i7r461e said:
Hellofabull the more like him the better.
Thanks Red Bull.
This is his maternal brother from the sim bull Upgrade. Probably a better overall bull, but without the cool white face.

Latest posts