Broken water pipe

Help Support CattleToday:

Alice

Reaction score
...in the old Dairy Barn. My brother and I are soaked to the bone. The front of the old barn is flooded...and it's too cold for this S**t. Plus, I have hay bales stacked in there...arghhhhh!

We got it rigged...hopefully it will hold until Tuesday when my brother is off.

The language got right salty... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alice

Alice are ya trying to say that the words spoken wouldn't have been used in a church sermon? :lol: :lol:

Cal

Calman":1a4bh2lt said:
Alice are ya trying to say that the words spoken wouldn't have been used in a church sermon? :lol: :lol:

Cal

You're quick, Calman... :lol: :lol:

Alice

Alice":23we3gh9 said:
...in the old Dairy Barn. My brother and I are soaked to the bone. The front of the old barn is flooded...and it's too cold for this S**t. Plus, I have hay bales stacked in there...arghhhhh!

Alice

Alice do you really think they would have broke when it is convenient .. :roll: Good luck and I hope you can save your bales.

hillsdown":2mijv030 said:
Alice":2mijv030 said:

Alice

Alice do you really think they would have broke when it is convenient .. :roll: Good luck and I hope you can save your bales.

Thanks, doll. The bales on the bottom will get fed early tomorrow morning...

Alice

Alice":8q7x76tx said:
hillsdown":8q7x76tx said:
Alice":8q7x76tx said:

Alice

Thanks, doll. The bales on the bottom will get fed early tomorrow morning...the exercise is good for me.

Alice

Sorry for your trouble. We've had 4 bust so far. 3 under rental houses and 1 at the barn. I must not have done good enough wrapping it in blankets and putting a 5 gallon bucket over it. I suppose we will find more when it thaws out some around here. It's suppose to get to 41 tomorrow.

Wewild":19efiu5u said:
Sorry for your trouble. We've had 4 bust so far. 3 under rental houses and 1 at the barn. I must not have done good enough wrapping it in blankets and putting a 5 gallon bucket over it. I suppose we will find more when it thaws out some around here. It's suppose to get to 41 tomorrow.

OMG, wewild...I feel your pain...

Alice

Sorry for all the trouble Alice. One of the things we do around here is let the water drip a little to keep everything flowing, a little water is cheap compared to all the misery of trying to thaw that stuff out and fixing pipes.

Larry

We do that in the house, Larry...so does my brother's family...but none of us had a thought about doing it in the old dairy barn. We don't even use the thing anymore...guess that's why we forgot it still had water running to it... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Alice

Alice":2d900e9a said:

Alice
Don't know how cold it is there, but at least here it's cold enough that when I get wet, which is nearly everyday, it takes about five minutes to freeze dry. When the temps are in the 20's, I'm wet all day. Sob, Sob, Cry, Cry, Poor plumbers. gs

plumber_greg":5cpikvh1 said:
Alice":5cpikvh1 said:

Alice
Don't know how cold it is there, but at least here it's cold enough that when I get wet, which is nearly everyday, it takes about five minutes to freeze dry. When the temps are in the 20's, I'm wet all day. Sob, Sob, Cry, Cry, Poor plumbers. gs
I have never seen a poor plumber.
Last time I had to pay a plumber I though I would have to go to the bank and take out a loan. I don't think the word poor is justified. :lol2: Actually I wouldn't have your job for 10 times the money this time of year.

Alice":2hsq4a58 said:
The language got right salty...

They say that Shakespear invented over 1700 words in his career. With this in mind I have to ask, invent any yourself? (These shakespearean tragedies tend to make my tongue get creative.)

??Will the barn still have water when you get through with it? If so,why. You wern't useing it..
Sorry for your troubles.. Freeze should be over by tomorrow,but then it's supposed to rain..So glad it didn't rain while it was so cold,there'd be electric lines down all over the place!

Jogeephus":ddkdzf8e said:
Alice":ddkdzf8e said:
The language got right salty...

They say that Shakespear invented over 1700 words in his career. With this in mind I have to ask, invent any yourself? (These shakespearean tragedies tend to make my tongue get creative.)

No, Jogee...just expanded on a few established ones. :lol:

peg4x4":1uf4uox1 said:
??Will the barn still have water when you get through with it? If so,why. You wern't useing it..
Sorry for your troubles.. Freeze should be over by tomorrow,but then it's supposed to rain..So glad it didn't rain while it was so cold,there'd be electric lines down all over the place!

Peg, my husband and I were discussing that earlier in the day. There really is no reason for the water to still be on there. The BIG problem is...we never have found where the water cutoff is. :oops: We've played Russian Roulette with this for toooooo long...and we got shot last night.

I'm afraid to go into the barn this morning...I never did learn how to ice skate...

Alice

Just me,but I'd put in a new shutoff.. and mark it well. The best idea I ever saw was someone who documented where all the waterlines/septic lines such were .. They took photos and drew up plans of everything..

Alice":r15jct4z said:
peg4x4":r15jct4z said:

Peg, my husband and I were discussing that earlier in the day. There really is no reason for the water to still be on there. The BIG problem is...we never have found where the water cutoff is. :oops: We've played Russian Roulette with this for toooooo long...and we got shot last night.

I'm afraid to go into the barn this morning...I never did learn how to ice skate...

Alice

Tell you how to do it Alice. When you get within 40 or 50 ft from the barn you get down in the prone position and sneak up real quit like.Be sure not to make any sudden moves.Be patient.Then when you get close enough to see if there's a skating rank or not you can safely make up your mind if ya want to chance standing up and trying your skill at skating or just remain in the prone position.I might remind you that by remaining in the prone position you will not fall to hard.And chances are that nothing will get broken.

Cal

Calman":5g5nj8x4 said:
Tell you how to do it Alice. When you get within 40 or 50 ft from the barn you get down in the prone position and sneak up real quit like.Be sure not to make any sudden moves.Be patient.Then when you get close enough to see if there's a skating rank or not you can safely make up your mind if ya want to chance standing up and trying your skill at skating or just remain in the prone position.I might remind you that by remaining in the prone position you will not fall to hard.And chances are that nothing will get broken.

Cal

And remaining in the prone position will freeze my dumb self to the ground. Lights, action, camera!

Cal, have you ever stuck your tongue to a frozen, ice covered pipe? I was only about 7 at the time, and I remember it to this day! :shock:

Alice

Latest posts