Bench press record broken.......

Help Support CattleToday:

They shoulda never done away with 100# feed sacks..... Them 'tow sacks' are worth more today, empty than were full when I was a teenager..
I guess they are still maybe sold some places, but I haven't seen one in a long long time at any feed store. Remember seeing a few 80# sacks in the late 70s, then everyone seems to have gone to 50# and now I even see some feed sold in 40# bags.

A guy I used to train under moved to California to chase the fight dream when he was in his early twenties. He said a few of them were lifting weights when Nick Diaz (who fought for the UFC welterweight title) walked up and took a turn. Nick couldn't bench 225. I asked my friend if he was strong and he said unbelievably! He just wasn't a weightlifter. There's different kinds of strength.

They shoulda never done away with 100# feed sacks..... Them 'tow sacks' are worth more today, empty than were full when I was a teenager..
I guess they are still maybe sold some places, but I haven't seen one in a long long time at any feed store. Remember seeing a few 80# sacks in the late 70s, then everyone seems to have gone to 50# and now I even see some feed sold in 40# bags.
I think they figured out that they can make more by selling smaller bags.

Nope. No college ball for me. Blew out the right knee twice before the end of my sophomore year in HS. ACL tear, some MCL damage, knocked chunks off the back of my kneecap, tore my medial meniscus... which they took out, completely, back in 1974. They wouldn't do that today.

Had a total knee replacement in 2018... when they radiographed them, they said, "Heck, that other one doesn't look much better!", then, I had to have both shoulders rebuilt 6 months and a year after the TKR... rotator cuffs were gone... nothing left to repair... so I have cadaver allografts in both shoulders... and even though I can lift my arms above my head, I have no strength much above my waist... but minimal pain anymore... I can sleep without opioids now.
Looking back I shoulda taken better care of myself, but sometimes you just gotta do what needs doing.

I think they figured out that they can make more by selling smaller bags.
I spent a miserable Saturday back in 1967 unloading a rail boxcar of 100lb feed at a local feedstore.
I was 1 of a handful of VoAg class guys that volunteered the day before to be there. (it payed minimum wage)
I was the only one dumb enough to actually show up.
There was a girl involved (of course) ..feedstore owner's daughter which was the one what asked for volunteers.
If she ever gave me a 2nd glance that saturday, I never saw it thru all the sweat and dust that poured off my forehead and into my eyes.
That was the hardest $14 I ever earned.......

Dad gave me the option to fill and haul two buckets of sand or gravel rock by hand...for mixing cement. At 17, those rocks sure looked heavy I choose the sand...cause it was easier to fill up the buckets with my shovel, you know beach sand being so light and all....boy, did I choose wrong! 50 yard trips for half a day. Waiting for the day I can "trick" someone with sand.

Nope. No college ball for me. Blew out the right knee twice before the end of my sophomore year in HS. ACL tear, some MCL damage, knocked chunks off the back of my kneecap, tore my medial meniscus... which they took out, completely, back in 1974. They wouldn't do that today.

Had a total knee replacement in 2018... when they radiographed them, they said, "Heck, that other one doesn't look much better!", then, I had to have both shoulders rebuilt 6 months and a year after the TKR... rotator cuffs were gone... nothing left to repair... so I have cadaver allografts in both shoulders... and even though I can lift my arms above my head, I have no strength much above my waist... but minimal pain anymore... I can sleep without opioids now.
Looking back I shoulda taken better care of myself, but sometimes you just gotta do what needs doing.
I've had a bad shoulder all my life, never bothered me until a few years ago.. I have to sleep on that side if I want to ever fall asleep, and about an hour or two after getting to sleep I'll wake up in agony unless I got my pillows just right.. never bothers me in the day though so for now I'll deal with it

There's a place here that sells feed in 100# sacks but they only have around 85# in them when i weighed the last ones. (No longer go there). Price went up too…

Latest posts