A new Christmas record?

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
Oct 12th and I just saw..... iphone 'tis the season TV commercial.
Earliest I've ever seen a Christmas tie in commercial. Afraid I might be sick of Christmas advertising by Halloween
instead of traditionally by Thanksgiving this year.

I was in Sam's today and they had Christmas Trees, decorations and all kinds of stuff out. I know some channels are starting Christmas movies next weekend. I think it is a lil early but don't bother me I like Christmas.

Noticed that too, wife and I were in Walmart about 2 weeks ago, they had the garden dept. about cleared out, and had some Christmas stuff already on the shelves.

I saw an "article" stating what the popular toys were going to be this season already. I think this was in late September but I can't remember. It wasn't this week, though.

That gives me an idea, maybe we should come up with some kind of decoration depicting Santy Claus trick or treatin.

Son of Butch":1t0048k7 said:
Oct 12th and I just saw..... iphone 'tis the season TV commercial.
Earliest I've ever seen a Christmas tie in commercial. Afraid I might be sick of Christmas advertising by Halloween
instead of traditionally by Thanksgiving this year.

The first ad I saw, was in the 3rd week of September. It was an ad for an artificial Christmas tree. Balsam something-or-other. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. :shock: :roll:

Ky hills":32y1cl4j said:
That gives me an idea, maybe we should come up with some kind of decoration depicting Santy Claus trick or treatin.

A few years ago I was taking my kids trick or treating, and there was a house in town that had Christmas lights all over the house and lights and figures in their lawn. It seemed weird to say the least.

I have always enjoyed the Christmas season, but I've never understood the early decorating.
When I was a kid, decorating the day after Thanksgiving was the early crowd. Most waited until a couple weeks before. Now the early crowd is October. :???:

Is it people just trying to relive the joys of their childhood?

herofan":37id46pj said:
Ky hills":37id46pj said:

A few years ago I was taking my kids trick or treating, and there was a house in town that had Christmas lights all over the house and lights and figures in their lawn. It seemed weird to say the least.

I have always enjoyed the Christmas season, but I've never understood the early decorating.
When I was a kid, decorating the day after Thanksgiving was the early crowd. Most waited until a couple weeks before. Now the early crowd is October. :???:

Is it people just trying to relive the joys of their childhood?

When I was growing up, my mother always waited till at least the day after Thanksgiving to put up the tree. I know what you mean, I enjoy the Christmas season, but it doesn't feel the same if everything is drawn out months before.

Trump says.. "we're going to start saying MERRY CHRISTMAS again"

love it.

Latest posts