Breeding Question

Help Support CattleToday:

Primal Farms NC

Reaction score
A friend from church wants to bring his cow over for our bull to breed. I'm not charging him and want to help.

What vaccines do I need to make sure his cow has before she visits? I don't want to put my cattle at risk of getting sick or worse...

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Do you know if he vaccinates with anything? Giving a shot at the last minute really won't do much, I don't think. Guess I'm not sure how to answer that one.
Any cattle that are bred naturally (including bull) should get Vibrio shot. My herd is vaccinated for most everything.

Do you know if he vaccinates with anything? Giving a shot at the last minute really won't do much, I don't think. Guess I'm not sure how to answer that one.
Any cattle that are bred naturally (including bull) should get Vibrio shot. My herd is vaccinated for most everything.
I do not think he is in any rush, so whatever is recommended (vaccines) and the best allotted time are the precautions that I am looking for.

Last edited:
I do not think he is in any rush, so whatever is recommended (vaccines) and the best allotted time are the precautions that I am looking for.
Getting that cow vaccinated now would be more to protect her from getting something from you bull, or you cows. If yours are vaccinated for whatever is a problem in your area (I presume North Carolina) then your bull should be protected. But, is there a pasture or lot you could put just her and your bull in?

Latest posts