Brahma cross bull prospect

Help Support CattleToday:

OMG he's a spitting image of his dam. Tall and lean. That first picture it's like a mirror image.
She was about as wide as she was long yesterday!
20220422_193601.jpg
Lil 'Nuf was born 3/18
Check her out next to the newborn (12 hrs or so old) bull calf!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Screenshot_20220423-201459_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
I will have an 8 month weaning weight on one of the competitors out of Richard.
Shes out of my favorite cow. The one with the hat!
I pulled her today. She's at a friend's weaning pen. For now, the plan is to keep her as a replacement.
Forgot to weigh out. Be back after a while.
Number 9-5 on the left. Old pic.
20220414_180731.jpg
That's a bit disappointing.

530lbs

Last edited:
What a fun day!!
114 finally did it. Lil bull calf. Well, lil is not exactly accurate. The heifer calves have been lil'R. 😆

Anyway!
Thought I'd bring everyone up with feed and get em sidetracked. Mama was having NO part of that. She was NOT leaving her precious new baby. So I got everyone else up in the pen munching away and I hop in the truck with bander and tagger. No big deal. I'll go give her a scoop and tag and band the fella like usual.

Drive right up to mama and baby. Get out, dump cubes, mama goes to eating. Perfectly normal. This'll work. She's never had any issues with me tagging her calf. Start towards the calf to push him around other side of truck while mama is eating. Head comes up!! I told mama it's OK gal. Just a tag. But now I'm on high alert.

Almost got him tagged while she was eating. Man, as soon as I touched that calf she came back up with her head. Nooooooo, she says!
Takes the baby and high tails it north. Good thing I brought more than one scoop of cookies.

Alright, plan B.
Split em with the truck, feed mama, grab calf and shove him in the cab. Nope!!
Finally got her settled and eating again with calf at side. Ok idiot, just grab the fooker and toss him in the passenger side. (I'd left the door open just in case)

I barely got him in the truck and the door shut when mama came to life!! Not sure if she chased me around the truck 2 or 3 times before I was able to get the door open and jump in......

That's calf pee, but i can understand if yall may think I peed myself.
20220508_112940.jpg
Got him tagged and banded anyway!
No pics of after. But I opened the passenger door and he shot outta there like an arrow! Good healthy strong STEER calf. 🤣

Here's a pic from earlier. Got dem earz!
20220508_102928.jpg20220508_102925.jpg
Mama is my only remaining unicorn. Her sis took the ride last year I think it was. She would just go berserk in the pen and tear things up. This gal has given me 3 or 4 calves. Pretty good ol gal really aside from her being a REALLY good mama today, and scaring the pee outta me.

Not YOU again! She says....
You don't even wanna play this game with me today boi!
20220508_142337.jpg20220508_142349.jpg
Lil Ricky would be so proud!
Should still have a couple more coming eventually. Ditto, one of my 2 favorites is late by several days. I was cussing her pretty good earlier today. Wondering what I should do about her. She will be coming with her 3rd I think.

O! And she was of absolutely no help with the fence today, thank u very much....
20220508_133213.jpg
But she is such a sweet gurl just like her mama! The one with the hat.
20220508_132919.jpg
Hope this one's a heifer. I'll keep it, just like her mamas that's being weaned right now. Both out of Ricky.

Ok so...
I got to checking my records. Big Sexy and Lil Ricky were here the time of breeding for the next few.
Ditto, Seven and Sugar could all be bred to either bull. I'm almost positive Seven is bred to Lil Ricky tho.

Snowball's heifer!
How bout them eeeeeearzzzz! A long eared baldy! Alright!
Mamas Chrome must've rubbed off. Neither her nor Big Sexy have that much ear.
Love the lil heifer! Alive and healthy.
o yeah....
wife said that's the fastest she's ever seen a calf go to nursing. Said she no sooner dropped the calf, and it was up immediately and straight to nursing like it had been doing it for weeks. Soaking wet she said!!
Screenshot_20220531-172055_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220531-172013_Gallery.jpg20220531_170243.jpg

Ditto had hers yesterday. Got him tagged and banded. Medium to large (I call that EXTRA medium) bull calf. 😄
He's freakin' heavy! At least 80lbs. Just left him be. Why won't they bed down in the shade? Ya gotta be kidding me.

Still waiting on Seven. I bet she has a bull as well. Teats are still not strutting nor full. But she is sooooooo floppy still.

New bull calf napping in the sun and weeds.
20220611_082356.jpg
Want some better pics. He's got the white salt n pepper hairs on underside of his neck like his daddy. When his daddy got older they kind of disappeared. Anyway...

Heck I got back forty cattle on the front forty lol
I'd just be happy to have 40 cattle.....
🤣

Got a pic guys!
100% looks like his Grandmama
There a pic of her somewhere in this thread.
20220612_081934.jpg20220612_082003.jpg20220612_082012.jpg
Lil salt n' pepper neck. 😆
He's got some on his belly too. And between his rear legs.

So this is weird and totally unintentional.
I tagged this calf 10-3

Should be 11-3

His mama and number 10 were mis-tagged at birth as well. However I got The other one right. So now I have 2 number 10-3 calves. Sheesh. Least the other one is is heifer and I have records.

How weird is that? Something with these 2 mamas. Born and raised right here! Love that!

Seven did it!
Tho I'm not positive it's out of this bull.
Calf just don't seem to have the ear that the others have. And he's not BLACK like the others. Tho Seven is not black either sooo
Calf reminds me of Bessies heifer, and she has turned dark black. So we will see.
I did have Bessies 2 bull calves here last year. But they were only a couple months old when Seven bred. Can't remember if I had any other lil bull calves here or not. Sure I did tho, because I've just started banding at birth this year.
Anyway. Here's a couple pics. Calving is done except for Sugar. And she ain't near close yet.
20220615_205323.jpg

Latest posts