bored with the same old recipes-

Help Support CattleToday:

sheilad916,
I made the pork chop recipe with chicken. I put chicken breasts, the can of Rotel, about 1/2 medium chopped onion and 4-5 garlic cloves sliced in a crock pot and covered with water. I served them on the warmed corn tortillas and added slices of Monterey Jack cheese. Wow! were they ever good. Thank you so much for a really good simple recipe that will be added to our "menu". Oh I added salt.

You could also use steaks with that recipe! Thats so funny, i cooked that last night!
I'm making kabob's tonight. On the grill...yummy!

Kabob's

2 or 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1 package Beef Smoked Sausage
1 Pineapple
1 Vidallia Onion
1 Bell pepper
2 Yellow long neck Squash
2 Zucchini
2 ears of Sweet corn
Marinade for the chicken- I love the Lawrey's Carribean Jerk Marinade for these!
Wooden Skewers
Soak skewers and corn in water for atleast a couple hrs. Wash veggies and, Cut everything into large bite sized pieces (for the corn, clean off husk, and cut into 1 inch slices). Sprinkle Salt and pepper ton he zucchini and squash. Marinate the chicken pieces in Carribean Jerk Marinade. Put everything onto skewers, then grill for about 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked thouroughly.

This is almost a meal in itself....I'm fixing some fried cornbread to go with it....and of course sweet tea!

Gate Opener":3sc0k4zf said:
sheilad916,
I made the pork chop recipe with chicken. I put chicken breasts, the can of Rotel, about 1/2 medium chopped onion and 4-5 garlic cloves sliced in a crock pot and covered with water. I served them on the warmed corn tortillas and added slices of Monterey Jack cheese. Wow! were they ever good. Thank you so much for a really good simple recipe that will be added to our "menu". Oh I added salt.

I made the pork chops in the crock pot last night too, and thought about doing the chicken, glad to know it tastes great too, its a great recipe. I like the tortilla idea, are those the soft ones?

GMN

GMN,
Yes the soft ones. There are two kinds you'll find at the supermarket. Flour or corn. I'm sure either kind would be good!

GMN":25gi3ajz said:
Gate Opener":25gi3ajz said:
sheilad916,

I made the pork chops in the crock pot last night too, and thought about doing the chicken, glad to know it tastes great too, its a great recipe. I like the tortilla idea, are those the soft ones?

GMN

Yes, they are the soft ones. I have a gas stove that has 2 of the solid metal plates on top of the burners and I warm them on one of those.

I really like crock pot recipes since I can put it on in the morning go to work all day, get home and the main part of the meal is done. Nice.

Latest posts