Blue Mule brand squeeze chute

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
I found a local guy that wants to sell me a "Blue Mule" brand squeeze chute in good used condition for $500. It has palpitation gate also. Anyone have any experience with this brand? Has it been reliable?

tncattle":ogzyxtb9 said:
I found a local guy that wants to sell me a "Blue Mule" brand squeeze chute in good used condition for $500. It has palpitation gate also. Anyone have any experience with this brand? Has it been reliable?

tncattle, I've not seen or used a Blue Mule squeeze but have used a manual headgate built by them for yrs. It's built well and works good. For many yrs. Blue Mule was about all the TN Farmers co-op sold. Doesn't sound like a bad deal.

Well I ran across this post searching for something else. I know alot about the Blue Mule brand as I owned a trucking company and hauled them. Blue Mule was in Livingston TN and sold out to WW Livestock. They are still in same building with same people working there. I have several pieces of both. The Blue Mule was very good stuff, but the WW is very heavy duty and cleaner/prettier. Blue Mule was trying to compete with Tartar in the big volume market of the CO-OP's and Southern States. Where as now WW is more into heavier duty bigger producer stuff and rodeo equipment/head gates/chutes, etc.

I think for $ 500 if it works and suits you who cares what brand it is. I am using a Blue Mule portable chute/headgate now. Not pretty, but works.

Floyd":2soa3swt said:
Saw a Blue Mule for sale. What kind of tailgate do they have?

Could not tell from the picture.

Thanks.

This was two years ago, I didn't buy it and have no idea

If it's anything like their feed bunks it would be plastic and really light weight at that.

Latest posts