Mat in the bottom of a chute or no?

Help Support CattleToday:

We have a Priefert, Arrowquip and Titan chute. Only the Arrowquip has rubber on the floor, the Titan has a breast bar (I don't love the Priefert, but it does the job). I rarely have a cow or calf go down in any of them and when it happens, it's usually after an unpleasant procedure like treating a hoof, lancing an abscess, etc. @Fred nailed it. Don't get all cowboy in the corral and rush 'em in the chute. As far as squeezing, I'd say it's case by case. With a one 'n done shot, quite often I don't even use the headgate or the squeeze.
Hollywood give cowboys a bad name. Real cowboys understand low stress cattle handling.

Our Arrowquip chute has a factory rubber mat in it and it works great. It is definitely the best chute we have ever used.

I have never regretted buying the Arrowquip chute. Although there have been times it would have been nice to have their hydraulic chute.
A friend has a new Arrowquip with everything but hydraulics. Man is it nice! He went to the Farm Machinery Show in Louisville and checked out every one there. Said the Arrowquip was by far the smoothest to operate. His 80 plus dad can operate it and he can't do much anymore.

A friend has a new Arrowquip with everything but hydraulics. Man is it nice! He went to the Farm Machinery Show in Louisville and checked out every one there. Said the Arrowquip was by far the smoothest to operate. His 80 plus dad can operate it and he can't do much anymore.
Yes the Arrowquip 84 is awesome.
You can even work pretty small calves in it. Love the dual height rump bar stops.
It opens every way possible if you have a cow go down you can open the whole side very easily.
I've had a couple of vets even take pictures so they can recommend to some of their clients get one, they were very impressed.
Just me and my wife in our sixties and we handle our cattle easily. It cost big $$$ a few years ago...but if it keeps me and my girl working cattle by ourself it's worth every penny !

Latest posts