Blue Sky

Help Support CattleToday:

We got rain the night before last, then it turned to snow, and I was making ruts in my field when I fed. I noticed this morning that a lot of the hay I fed got trampled into the mud. At least the ground was frozen this morning.

Our weather starts changing in February. I always think of God sending us samples of the spring. One day it may be in the 30's and then in a few days we are close to 70. I think, wow, when the number of days equal more 60's, it is going to be sweeter. I get so happy when those warm days start showing up and the Spring Peepers in the creek are singing. It just changes your attitude to looking forward to the days ahead. Just part of our transition from one season to the other. Now the buttercups are sticking their head above ground, and I saw a dead skunk on the side of the road. This time of the early spring is when they come out to date. Now, to watch for the Robins as they come to pull the worms up as they come up to the top of the ground. Spring is right around the corner!!!!!

We had solid blue skies and could hear the Sandhill cranes flying overhead. One of my favorite parts of spring-trying to see those big old birds in a clear blue sky-usually I see them once they are well past me. The white on their wings finally shows up.

Yesterday was blue sky and upper 50's. Today is supposed to be 53 and cloudy. Tomorrow the forecast is for snow. The 10 day forecast has the lows in the 20's. Spring isn't here yet.

Yeah, we got down to 21 last night... only up to 49 and light breeze made it chilly but not unbearable... tonight 30's , then 60+ couple of days and only 50's at night... back down to 30's nights in less than a week.
Daffodils coming up already... too early really....but these "prime age" bones and joints say it's just fine with them to have the warmer temps coming back....

Weather guessers wrong once again. No snow this morning. It is 41 degrees out. Difficult to get snow at 41. Things look dry out side. The weather radar shows rain around us with snow on the higher elevations.

Well, I think the difference is the sun's path. I don't really understand it fully, but for instance, there's a total solar eclipse coming in April and Copperas Cove is planning for a huge influx of visitors and campers to view it because the path of totality will be passing directly overhead Lampasas, Copperas Cove, Killeen, but places just a little farther north and nw or south east in Texas will only see a partial eclipse. You (Caldwell, Rockdale, Lexington, Milano etc) will only see a partial eclipse.

Texas eclipse 2024

So much for me out guessing the weather guessers. At 6:00 it was 42 degrees. At 6:30 I went out to feed. I noticed a black nasty cloud headed toward Lookout mountain. Halfway through the first bale Lookout Mountain disappeared from view. The wind started picking up. About the time I finished the first bale it started to snow. By the time I finished it was really putting it down. Got back to the house and put hay on the truck for tomorrow and it is big flakes that are sticking. Looked at the thermometer at the house. It now reads 30 degrees and everything is turning white.

It has been in the 50's the last several days, the snow is almost gone. Our driveway is a mess; needs a bunch of gravel added to it. We are supposed to have a 50% of snow for tomorrow.

I suspect an early and blistering summer for my neck of the woods.
We'll be pushing the century mark later today...

Wow...our high is supposed to be 84. Your only an hour and change from us.

I don't know how you survive in that kind of heat. I've got a brother in Henderson, Nevada, close to Las Vegas... and the heat there means they have to live inside all summer. Their pool is so hot they can't swim in it comfortably at times. Heat like that is just as bad as having below zero temperatures so you have to live indoors. Not for me...

I don't know how you survive in that kind of heat. I've got a brother in Henderson, Nevada, close to Las Vegas... and the heat there means they have to live inside all summer. Their pool is so hot they can't swim in it comfortably at times. Heat like that is just as bad as having below zero temperatures so you have to live indoors. Not for me...
It's OK....The high today is supposed to be 51F. It's 46F now.

That's Texas weather for ya!

Latest posts