Blood Quantum

Help Support CattleToday:

The older I get, I go, a lot more frequently along the way.
(I guess I missed the "who belongs and don't belong" thread.)

diana55":5xpwhpwj said:
My ancestors were Scots (migrated in 1854 from small dairy farm in Ayrshire as there were to many sons and not enough land), Irish (potato famine drove them out) and English (including a convict-back 4 generations- which my father found devastating).Sure glad they moved to Oz as we have a better life here than would have had in GB, seeing as how we didn't own big estates in 'the old country'.
Just watching Edinburgh Tattoo on TV. Love the pipe bands and tartans. Saw it live in 1985, a great spectacle. When we were in Scotland , the locals thought my husband was Canadian (from his accent) but when I spoke they knew we were aussies. Apparently my accent almost required an interpreter......well, not quite, but had to repeat a few words and explain some others.
Happy New Year to all on CT. I enjoy reading of everyone's lives and their little patch of the world.
diana55, if you think about it most people in the far flung colonies that are white skinned all had to have come from some where in Europe, if they are not descendants from the Natives of the Country they settled in. i.e. Red Indian, Moari, Aborigines. I had that trouble of not being understood and been mistaken for an Australian when we were in Miami, and Louisianna a few years ago. To the Scots I'm a Sasonack. the Aussies a Pom, The USA a limy, to the Irish and ourselves we are Brits, but all I can gather is we are a all a load of mixed up breeds. :lol2:

M5farm":2clvu8lx said:
So I have another question on colorful ancestors. Since I traced back to some injuns and those injuns owned black slaves and then those injuns had offspring with the slaves. Am I supposed to be offended by because my black ancestors in Africa sold blacks to I assume whitemen which in turn sold to the injuns.

I do tan very well and I have alot of rhythm.

How high can you jump? My apologies, no matter the answer, this would be profiling wouldn't it? Sincere apologies. I hope I didn't upset you and your sensitivities. ;-) :lol:

greybeard":1pmfzxjy said:
The older I get, I go, a lot more frequently along the way.
(I guess I missed the "who belongs and don't belong" thread.)
Ok, I know what this is about now.. it's not about the color of skin, it's about the thickness and toughness of it.

One side of me is pure Quechua Indian. The other side is anybody's guess. Guess that makes me a normal run of the mill American. (did I say normal?? ) :lol:

TexasBred":1mgc246z said:
One side of me is pure Quechua Indian. The other side is anybody's guess. Guess that makes me a normal run of the mill American. (did I say normal?? ) :lol:

You'll never get any special consideration or juice like that---you need to get yourself a gimmick--a racket---sumthin with some "pull" to it.

greybeard":18gkvzgb said:
TexasBred":18gkvzgb said:

You'll never get any special consideration or juice like that---you need to get yourself a gimmick--a racket---sumthin with some "pull" to it.
Heck GB I can't even get anyone to discriminate against me. Guess I need to figure out which box to check on the questionnaires.

TexasBred":247im2ii said:
[
Heck GB I can't even get anyone to discriminate against me. Guess I need to figure out which box to check on the questionnaires.

TB when you figure out how to fill out those questionnaires clue me in. For years I have answered the one marked sex with a yes but have yet to get a single reply????? Go figure.

Dave":2xztsb3l said:
TexasBred":2xztsb3l said:
[

TB when you figure out how to fill out those questionnaires clue me in. For years I have answered the one marked sex with a yes but have yet to get a single reply????? Go figure.

That's not only discrimination but probably racist too. Call Jesse @ the Rainbow Coalition. Get something done here quickly....uh oh..sorry....wrong box. :lol2: :lol2:

Dave":3mlcepy0 said:
TexasBred":3mlcepy0 said:
[

Dave that's where you are going wrong in replying with yes you forgot the 'Please' :roll:

Latest posts