Checking your blood glucose

Help Support CattleToday:

My nemesis high fructose corn syrup, or any corn product.
It's amazing the products that have it from breads to green beans. Products will be labeled sugar free
If corn is your nemesis.....what about eating animals that eat corn? The saying ....you are what you eat...eats. Wouldn't grass fed beef be better?

That's speculation imo.
I choose to place my faith in what makes me feel right and gives real results. Not what the doctors learned by studying the same ideas that taught us all processed grains where good for us...in sure you're wearing the mask right now because the doctors told you to.................
Well, we really need to clean out the freezer anyway before the next cow comes in so why not.
If corn is your nemesis.....what about eating animals that eat corn? The saying ....you are what you eat...eats. Wouldn't grass fed beef be better?
No it doesn't work like that, beef is still a high protein meal.
This is DNA and you can't outrun it. Until I was about 45 I rode a bicycle about ten miles a day in the refinery on my off days I ran couple of miles.
I watched my grandma born in 1878 get both her legs cut off because of diabetes. It got my attention! We didn't have the drugs back then.
It was rampant in my family.
About 45 was when I started having serious back and neck problems. That stopped a lot of the athletics. Again you can't outrun your DNA and arthritis was one of the presents as well.

Attachments

• 3A2D16E5-CA43-430D-B6D5-B33DA15ECDEE.jpeg
    3A2D16E5-CA43-430D-B6D5-B33DA15ECDEE.jpeg
    846.1 KB · Views: 5
Try keeping carbs below 30 grams per day and eat all the fat you want. Fat is what keeps you from getting hungry on the low carb / high fat diets and makes them fairly easy to follow. The excess body weight comes off fast. The first 10 pounds is easy because it is mostly water weight causing metabolic disorders from too many carbs. The internal body fat (the dangerous kind) starts dropping off next. Went from an A1C of 7.1 to 6.3 in a year and a half and uric acid (gout indicator) is well into the normal range now. Lost 25 lbs. and not chubby anymore and feel way better. I cheat here and there and probably consume more like 50 grams of carbs a day on some days, but because the insulin resistance has improved greatly it isn't a big deal. Insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, gout, etc. are all metabolic disorders that, for me at least, have been about cured by cutting carbs, eating fats (cheese, butter, olive oil) and watching to not overdo the protein. If I get a little off the diet, cut back to 30 grams carbs for a couple days and get straightened out.

A blood test taken while fasting can check the C-peptide. This will determine how much insulin the body produces. That number will determine if one is a type 1 or type 2 diabetic. A considered normal range is .9 -6.9 ng/ml. If the body produces below the lower amount insulin would be required.

If the body produces some insulin but not enough then some meds can be used along with diet, exercise, control of stress and worry to keep the blood sugar in an acceptable range.

Body weight, which affects blood pressure is critical along with cholesterol levels being under control to keep from having (or at least slowing) strokes and heart attacks.

Traditional recommendation for insulin dependent diabetics has been to eat 6 small meals per day.

I read information from a 2018 study that challenges that advice.
It found by dividing the same calories consumed in the 6 meals into 3 meals of a large breakfast, a medium lunch and small dinner, the amount of insulin required to maintain recommended glucose level was reduced by 3%

I don't know how significant 3% is, but it does appear time of day calorie consumption can also affect a person's weight and overall heath.

Last edited: