Blood pressure is high again, tuff choices ahead.

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit

Reaction score
Just got back from the doctors and my blood pressure is up some more. The doctor gave me a choice of raising my Norvasc up 5mg or lose 5 lbs. I decided to take the extra 5mg of Norvasc. My wife is none to happy with me. But I only have one life to live, and I'm not going to starve. Maybe after this weekend I might reconsider but not till then. M5 and I are going to the bull test sale, then we're taking the ladies out for supper. The steak and smoked pork chops are supposed to be the best you can get. And the cobbler and ice cream got great reviews also.

Don't forget we will have to have a hamburger at the sale. It is for the FFA . I'm looking forward to it.

Start checking your blood pressure at home and keep up with. You might be like me, mine is always high at the Dr. I keep it checked at home and its always lower.

I told my dr I don't want to take lisinipril blood pressure meds or however you spell it anymore he said ok stop taking it I was excited went home told my wife the diet is working he took me off she politely called me a fool and advised me that I am still on a beta blocker metaprolol that controls my BP I thought I had lost enough weight to get off bp meds... WRONG HG eat 5 chops for me and if they have gravy eat atleast a quart.

Red Bull Breeder":hyvpxxoy said:
Start checking your blood pressure at home and keep up with. You might be like me, mine is always high at the Dr. I keep it checked at home and its always lower.

Yup, me too, white coat syndrome. Sky, I'm on lisapril (sp) also along with nifedical (an adolit (sp) knock off. I would rather take my meds for BP and enjoy foods I like. I get plenty of exercise on my place. :frowns: Highgrit, take the meds and enjoy life until you're forced to change. :2cents:

Alan":15we16hu said:
Red Bull Breeder":15we16hu said:

Yup, me too, white coat syndrome. Sky, I'm on lisapril (sp) also along with nifedical (an adolit (sp) knock off. I would rather take my meds for BP and enjoy foods I like. I get plenty of exercise on my place. :frowns: Highgrit, take the meds and enjoy life until you're forced to change. :2cents:

Yes sir, I take my meds and eat what I want once a week :lol2:

skyhightree1":a1fdsr3b said:
Alan":a1fdsr3b said:
Red Bull Breeder":a1fdsr3b said:

Yes sir, I take my meds and eat what I want once a week :lol2:

:lol: :lol: :lol: sneak some good junk food!

I've learned how to change mine-(it's not with breathing) --slowed my heart way down during one of those tests and the nurse was gonna send me to the emergency room.

Mine is always up at the doc's office. At home it seems to be pretty variable. High sometimes and good at others. And with no noticeable trend or reason. So far no meds but I know I could stand to lose some weight.

Was at the doctors last week getting my yearly check-up... nurse hooked me up to one of those blood pressure machines and halfway through the test, it just stopped! Looked over at the monitor and it said "One at a Time Please"! :lol:

Jezz, mines never been that high TT. Somewhere around the 160's and 110's my vision starts to get blurry and I slow down.

highgrit":atq96zf7 said:
Jezz, mines never been that high TT. Somewhere around the 160's and 110's my vision starts to get blurry and I slow down.

Not sure who was scared more, me or the folks in the ER. My wife was watching the nurse type on her computer and when she typed the word "URGENT" she knew it was serious, LOL!

I have sort of a BP quandry. The pump doc doesn;t want it over 100 and the anesthesiologist don;t want it under 120

According to the doctor last week they have changed the recommended blood pressure rating to a higher number. I do take BP medicine and when I go to the farm to really work the BP falls so low that I can hardly stand. Doc solution was to taper off on the medicine in the summer when I really work and sweat. So I have to adjust according to the seasons.

Dogs and Cows":nojhjv85 said:
Very timely thread...I just went on lisinopril this week. My BP went up and I had to monitor it for 3 weeks. Didn't go down, how I'm on meds. I hate it already. Doc said I was in great shape, I'm not heavy, just said I was getting older...heck, I am only 46! But I will take it seriously. Hope all on this thread are well!!!

Tim

I was your age in 2006 when mine exploded Tim.

Latest posts