Bill O'Reilly needs a muzzle

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC":38nhzdx2 said:
I think the name of this thread should have been:

"ALICE NEEDS A MUZZLE"

I'll work on it...

Alice

Why should Alice be muzzled as she is only voiceing her oppinion. If it is different to yours, then so be it as that is what makes the world go round, how boring would it be if we all took the same view. Reading the comments made I think she has a valid point, the kidnapper should be punnished, but the facts need to be gathered before any comment should be made about the boy. as Why did he not run? and Why did he stay, so long? maybe just maybe he was better off where he was. He was not abused so is said, he was not ill treated in anyway, so perhaps he was better off with this Guy than he was at home. I saw a bit of the Oprah show last night, and the kid wouldn't look at his Mother, if most kids had been away from their Mom that long they would be all over them, so it does make you wonder if there is more to this than meets the eye. just my two cents worth.

chrisy":24dgrs4q said:
Why should Alice be muzzled as she is only voiceing her oppinion. If it is different to yours, then so be it as that is what makes the world go round.

I think that same example would apply to her saying Bill O'Reilly should be muzzled ;-) What is that saying? What is good for the Goose is good for the Gander? ;-)

Everything that can be said has been. Except, perhaps the original was a case of running away from home. Sicko people look for such children. It is a good thing both boys are still alive.

I'll never understand it.

aplusmnt":1uyzzfd3 said:
chrisy":1uyzzfd3 said:
Why should Alice be muzzled as she is only voiceing her oppinion. If it is different to yours, then so be it as that is what makes the world go round.

I think that same example would apply to her saying Bill O'Reilly should be muzzled ;-) What is that saying? What is good for the Goose is good for the Gander? ;-)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't think O' Reilly should be muzzled. Let him spout. He, Ann Coulter, and Rush Limbaugh actually damage the conservative cause for most moderates.

However, anything you need to know about Bill O' Reilly can be learned from reading the chapter about him in Al Franken's book Lies and the Lying Liars who tell them. The book is biased liberal humor, but the claims made against are facts.

And I'm so impressed by a couple of the posters on this board. I knew you were knowledgeable about cattle, but would have never guessed you had advanced degrees in child psychology.

badaxemoo":ilu8m7z6 said:
I don't think O' Reilly should be muzzled. Let him spout. He, Ann Coulter, and Rush Limbaugh actually damage the conservative cause for most moderates.

Good point...off with Bill's muzzle!!!

And I'm so impressed by a couple of the posters on this board. I knew you were knowledgeable about cattle, but would have never guessed you had advanced degrees in child psychology.

...and Criminal Science...and Forensics...and predator profiling...

You folks better be careful here.

Frankie's gonna come swooping in and lock this thread on ya.

But then again maybe not. She might be an Al Franken fan. :roll:

no offense Alice, but i kind of agree with Bill; how could that kid walk by his own missing person photo on the bench almost EVERY DAY and not try to escape? maby he just didn't want to go back? maby it was Stockholm... only the kid knows why he didn't go back, but that will never stop people from assuming what the kids.
ss

badaxemoo":2asrcm68 said:

However, anything you need to know about Bill O' Reilly can be learned from reading the chapter about him in Al Franken's book Lies and the Lying Liars who tell them. The book is biased liberal humor, but the claims made against are facts.

Wow, I never knew we had so many koolaid drinkers on this board. Al Franken! AL FRANKEN!! Give me a FRANKEN break. Franken is a idiot, an entertainer that should have stayed in that business rather then dump money into misleading half truths. Where's Al now! hiding from bankruptcy collectors? I don't think anyone said the kidnapper should go unpunished, but a lot of us want to know why the kid did not run when he had many chances.

You want a lock down real quick? Bring up Al Franken again or Micheal Moore again in a serious context... two morons that should be shipped to an island somewhere.

Keep your liberal BS to yourself.

Alan

badaxemoo":2lxj5bzt said:

Not Child psychology, just advanced degrees of Common Sense! ;-)

But when you think of it, many on here have raised more than on child. Who would be a better child psychologist a person that raised 3 kids for 18 years each or a 22 year old that has never raised a child, but has a degree from college.

We have plenty of child experts on this board along with the Cattleman. ;-)

MikeC":2h5ou9cq said:
You folks better be careful here.

Frankie's gonna come swooping in and lock this thread on ya.

But then again maybe not. She might be an Al Franken fan. :roll:

MIGHT be a fan? Are Angus Black?

Alan":tn0g20m2 said:
You want a lock down real quick? Bring up Al Franken again or Micheal Moore again in a serious context... two morons that should be shipped to an island somewhere.

Alan

So, you propose gulaging two liberal critics for expressing their views and then you try to stifle my speech.

I think Mr. Bush might have an opening for you in his Attorney General's office. Better apply quick, though. Two more years and we're going to clean out the White House like we did Congress.

badaxemoo":1dtozc0y said:
Alan":1dtozc0y said:

Alan

So, you propose gulaging two liberal critics for expressing their views and then you try to stifle my speech.

I think Mr. Bush might have an opening for you in his Attorney General's office. Better apply quick, though. Two more years and we're going to clean out the White House like we did Congress.

First, this is one of the post I should have kept my nose out of, you know which side of the fence I'm on.

Second, I'm pretty sure that politics are one of the forbidden subjects on these boards.... so maybe we are ready for a lockdown.

Sorry to any I offend because of my love for Al Franken (and Micheal Moore).
Alan

A few miles away in Oklahoma a couple days ago, common sense kicked in.

Kidnapped girl escapes in Clovis
Source: KRQE News 13

CLOVIS, N.M. -- A 10-year-old Oklahoma girl who was apparently kidnapped in her hometown last night made a dramatic escape in Clovis this afternoon.
An Amber Alert was issued for Marissa Marie Graham after she disappeared from Texhoma, Okla., about 6:30 p.m. Thursday.

This afternoon she bolted from a car that had stopped for gas at a convenience store in Clovis.

Police said she ran inside and told employees she was the girl "everyone was looking for."

New Mexico State Police and Clovis police said the suspect drove away and is now being sought. The only description so far is that he is anglo, 35-40 years old and with facial hair. His hair may be brown.

His name has not been released.

Early indications are that Graham was not harmed.

aplusmnt":3v25gcmp said:
A few miles away in Oklahoma a couple days ago, common sense kicked in.

Kidnapped girl escapes in Clovis
Source: KRQE News 13

CLOVIS, N.M. -- A 10-year-old Oklahoma girl who was apparently kidnapped in her hometown last night made a dramatic escape in Clovis this afternoon.
An Amber Alert was issued for Marissa Marie Graham after she disappeared from Texhoma, Okla., about 6:30 p.m. Thursday.

This afternoon she bolted from a car that had stopped for gas at a convenience store in Clovis.

Police said she ran inside and told employees she was the girl "everyone was looking for."

New Mexico State Police and Clovis police said the suspect drove away and is now being sought. The only description so far is that he is anglo, 35-40 years old and with facial hair. His hair may be brown.

His name has not been released.

Early indications are that Graham was not harmed.

That is truly wonderful!

It is also wonderful that the child managed to escape so quickly, and unharmed. She may have night terrors for awhile, bless her heart.

Shawn Hornbeck was most likely sexually abused...for a very long time. Michael Devlin very likely kidnapped the second boy because Shawn was getting older, and stronger, and more able to say NO! He was also very likely becoming less attractive to Devlin as he aged.

Sexually abused children experience a feeling of nothingness. They are ashamed of what is going on not grasping the fact that they are being victimized. They do not want to tell anyone because of the shame. Sometimes their victimizers tell the child that if he/she tells anyone, they will say that their victim actually enjoyed it and initiated it. Before long, the child begins to feel unworthy of being rescued and just reverts into that feeling of nothingness. No, I'm not getting this only from something I've read...I'm getting this from 2 close friends that experienced this kind of abuse as children. Their scars run so deep, they will never heal.

Alice

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=28845

this article is from Bill O'Reilly's No Spin Zone. It is about 2 children kidnapped and taken to saudi arabia. I found a very telling statement made by Bill O'Reilly in it.

But the hard truth is that human beings can be brainwashed, especially when they are kidnapped as young children.

So, what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander now?

Alice

aplusmnt":19ts52qq said:
Not Child psychology, just advanced degrees of Common Sense! ;-)

But when you think of it, many on here have raised more than on child. Who would be a better child psychologist a person that raised 3 kids for 18 years each or a 22 year old that has never raised a child, but has a degree from college.

We have plenty of child experts on this board along with the Cattleman. ;-)

Common sense works well in most day to day situations but it also has its limits. There are circumstances where people react in ways that seem to be counter-intuitive.

Someone that has raised kids certainly knows a lot about their children. But I seriously doubt (and hope) that anyone on this board has ever or will ever have to go through the ordeal of having a child kidnapped. Despite the best teaching, who really knows how a kid would react to this kind of trauma. Like most other cases of parenting, the best you can do is to teach and model the behavior you hope they will display.

I don't know much about this case. After the initial reports I've tried to tune it out. Our media (apparently at the public's request) focuses way to much on sensationalistic stories.

I just find it presumptous that some posters would seem to hint that they could figure out the motives behind this child's behavior. And I'm assuming that was why Alice posted the bash on Mr. O' Reilly in the first place.

Latest posts