Best boot

Help Support CattleToday:

Smithfarms954

Reaction score
This should be interesting. What's the best type of "mud" boot out there? Not had any luck with muck. Every pair I get never last long.

Lacrosse burly with air grip soles. They are ankle fit and the air grip work great in mud and snow. Can also get in insulated if needed.
I have a pair in 18" both non and insulated. Ordered a pair of 12" last night direct from lacrosse. Free shipping and scheduled to deliver Wednesday

Thanks for the replies. I will definitely check into both. Luckily we just got a rural king that opened close by and that's another topic itself.

Cost me $8 and lasted over a 1.5 year of use. I wear mud boots more than regular work boots so thats a lot of hours.
Lasted longer the $100 muck boots that gave out the first month. Replaced them with a pair of tingly profile. $29, we'll see if they last longer.

Blundstones are the best if you aren't in deep mud. They go to the ankle but can come in a steel toe as well. I have religiously bought hunters rubber boots for years but they usually leak by the end of the year.

Lacrosse or Xtratuf, Both fit good around the ankle, are comfortable to wear all day, and last a good long while. Before I retired I had a pair of those cheap farm store boots in the work pickup. They were easy to put on and off when I needed them. But I sure wouldn't want to spend all day in them.

kenny thomas said:
Lacrosse burly with air grip soles. They are ankle fit and the air grip work great in mud and snow. Can also get in insulated if needed.
I have a pair in 18" both non and insulated. Ordered a pair of 12" last night direct from lacrosse. Free shipping and scheduled to deliver Wednesday
I've been looking at those.Both the 18" and 12".We wore Northerner three eyelet insulated for years.Great boots but coop doesn't carry them anymore nor does Gempler's.
Sure beat the four buckle arctic pacs we wore when I was growing up.

Latest posts