Best bank?

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":l3hcyduz said:
Kinda an oxymoron question.
Best bank?

:2cents:

Must agree with CB Banks are EVIL. Everything they do is to screw the consumer. They lie and cheat and for the most part get away with it. I think it was Wells Fargo that just paid a big fine for fraud. Nobody was punished they just used other customers money and paid the fine. I don't know if I told you, but banks are EVIL. :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

melking":17qxpu1v said:
Caustic Burno":17qxpu1v said:
Best bank?

Must agree with CB Banks are EVIL. Everything they do is to screw the consumer. They lie and cheat and for the most part get away with it. I think it was Wells Fargo that just paid a big fine for fraud. Nobody was punished they just used other customers money and paid the fine. I don't know if I told you, but banks are EVIL. :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

You must not have a good local bank, with a great VP loan officer. I had a major purchase last month that I needed a loan for, so I called Mrs Lynn one day and went and signed the papers and picked up the cashier check the next day. I'm still waiting for clear title on the purchase though?
:hide:

Caustic Burno":a6dp59pc said:
Best bank?

That was one reason I wanted out. The CEO's bonus was tied to fees and he wanted everybody feed to death. Some of them old farmers that would walk in there to renew a note or get a loan I had a hard time adding the fees as I knew it was a good loan and they would sign wherever I showed them and probably never even look at the note. The CEO/loan committee pretty much reviewed any note of any size abd if the fees didn't please them it was no fun. A good customer told me about a job opening, I applied, got it and retired there ( I was glad to get out of banking).

jltrent":24celkxr said:
Caustic Burno":24celkxr said:
Best bank?

That was one reason I wanted out. The CEO's bonus was tied to fees and he wanted everybody feed to death. Some of them old farmers that would walk in there to renew a note or get a loan I had a hard time adding the fees as I knew it was a good loan and they would sign wherever I showed them and probably never even look at the note. The CEO/loan committee pretty much reviewed any note of any size abd if the fees didn't please them it was no fun. A good customer told me about a job opening, I applied, got it and retired there ( I was glad to get out of banking).

Good,bad or no credit come on down.
Lending practices along with I want it now have lead to a lot of the countries financial issues IMO.
Heard a news clip the other day a big percent of Americans can't lay their hands on 400 bucks in a crunch.
That's pathetic.

HDRider":ywcab6j7 said:
I never go in the bank. All online via phone or puter
That's a mistake. Best place to go in of any business I've ever been acquainted with. The women that work in banks are without exception the friendliest. I love going in the bank. They're almost gushing with joy when I walk in. My wife was on the job working as a bank teller when I first met her.

Heck, one time my car wouldn't crank in the bank parking lot and I had the hood up cleaning the battery cables and a woman's voice came over a loudspeaker asking if I needed help and I answered "no I think I just need to brush up these battery connections".

ga.prime":2q0q39x7 said:
HDRider":2q0q39x7 said:
That's a mistake. Best place to go in of any business I've ever been acquainted with. The women that work in banks are without exception the friendliest. I love going in the bank. They're almost gushing with joy when I walk in.

Yep!! Back when my bank was Wachovia, I swear them young ladies were in competition......& they flat knew the true meaning of decolletage and cleavage..every single one of them.

(once WFC took it over, most of that went away and there was way too many males hired)

Caustic Burno":i8keyon3 said:
jltrent":i8keyon3 said:
Caustic Burno":i8keyon3 said:
Best bank?

Good,bad or no credit come on down.
Lending practices along with I want it now have lead to a lot of the countries financial issues IMO.
Heard a news clip the other day a big percent of Americans can't lay their hands on 400 bucks in a crunch.
That's pathetic.

... who needs cash when you have credit... tomato-tomato :lol2:

greybeard":23bfrmsk said:
ga.prime":23bfrmsk said:
HDRider":23bfrmsk said:
That's a mistake. Best place to go in of any business I've ever been acquainted with. The women that work in banks are without exception the friendliest. I love going in the bank. They're almost gushing with joy when I walk in.

Yep!! Back when my bank was Wachovia, I swear them young ladies were in competition......& they flat knew the true meaning of decolletage and cleavage..every single one of them.

(once WFC took it over, most of that went away and there was way too many males hired)

Never cared for waiters myself.

ga.prime":1cr44nup said:
HDRider":1cr44nup said:
That's a mistake. Best place to go in of any business I've ever been acquainted with. The women that work in banks are without exception the friendliest. I love going in the bank. They're almost gushing with joy when I walk in. My wife was on the job working as a bank teller when I first met her.
My "X" was a banker as well. Retired a couple of years ago after 35 years. Was Sr. VP and gotta give her credit, she was a heck of a good banker.

greybeard":1yjw1mxa said:
ga.prime":1yjw1mxa said:
HDRider":1yjw1mxa said:

GB just because you're on a diet doesn't mean you ahve to quit looking at the menu. ;-)

Caustic Burno":mumuinw4 said:
Best bank?

Best skunk ? Best snake ? How about favorite mosquito ?

We cannot borrow our way out of debt. Some people never figure that out.

If I can make a profit in debt, I am okay with debt. If I can cut costs with debt, I am okay with debt.

If it is debt for a new ski rig, bass boat, 4 wheeler, we have a problem.

The car dealers hit the public with, "come on down and SAVE $" Either the public is extremely stupid or else they just want an excuse to be in debt because they need to keep up with the Jones

The banks are in business to make a profit. If they cannot make money on you, they'll be out of business, unless the government decides to pass on the debt to the tax payers. We've seen that too.

I am not a big fan of online banking , but have gone to it because I can see immediately if things are kosher in my account. I use a credit union and they pay a decent interest rate on the checking if you use their debit card x times a month. Since it is easier for me to use the card for gas and such, I have made a point of using it, for the # of times and total amount required and get anywhere from $5 to $25 per month interest added. That's found/free money. I am going to break down and get a smart phone so that I can do the picture deposit thing and therefore keep my balance as high as possible immediately after receiving a check. Also helps with some questionable checks and the money not being there when you do finally get to the bank. My credit union is local, branches within a 50 mile radius I guess which is where I normally travel. But with the debit card I can get money out anywhere, even Wal-mart. Since I have family 500 + miles away, I can use the debit card at any teller machine. I also have 10 fee refunds from other teller machines due to the debit card usage.
I also have a credit card from them and can take a cash advance if needed...but I find that putting stuff on the credit card, then paying it off every month, has advantages of earning me cash payback also. So I leave the money in my bank account and use the credit card, then pay it off and so am earning a few dollars extra in the balance in my checking, and the cash back on the credit card. $10 here and $20 there adds up over the course of the year.

https://www.bbt.com/locator/search.page Find your locations

1239535_519545961458639_1156667328_n.jpg

My daughter worked for a large regional bank for several years. She went to a credit union. She said she would never go back to a commercial bank. The credit union tried to the best for their members. The commercial bank looked for ways to make more money off the people.

Latest posts