Best bank?

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":2ohcyd0s said:
melking":2ohcyd0s said:
Caustic Burno":2ohcyd0s said:
Kinda an oxymoron question.
Best bank?

:2cents:

Must agree with CB Banks are EVIL. Everything they do is to screw the consumer. They lie and cheat and for the most part get away with it. I think it was Wells Fargo that just paid a big fine for fraud. Nobody was punished they just used other customers money and paid the fine. I don't know if I told you, but banks are EVIL. :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

You must not have a good local bank, with a great VP loan officer. I had a major purchase last month that I needed a loan for, so I called Mrs Lynn one day and went and signed the papers and picked up the cashier check the next day. I'm still waiting for clear title on the purchase though?
:hide:

Oh, I do, but in the end she is still a banker first. If any of you have ever had a banker tell you that you could buy down the interest rate then you have been had.

Dave":2lvk79oi said:
My daughter worked for a large regional bank for several years. She went to a credit union. She said she would never go back to a commercial bank. The credit union tried to the best for their members. The commercial bank looked for ways to make more money off the people.
Credit Unions are non profit and any profits made are returned to the shareholders. All they have to do is break even.

melking":2boqrr4r said:
True Grit Farms":2boqrr4r said:
melking":2boqrr4r said:
Must agree with CB Banks are EVIL. Everything they do is to screw the consumer. They lie and cheat and for the most part get away with it. I think it was Wells Fargo that just paid a big fine for fraud. Nobody was punished they just used other customers money and paid the fine. I don't know if I told you, but banks are EVIL. :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

You must not have a good local bank, with a great VP loan officer. I had a major purchase last month that I needed a loan for, so I called Mrs Lynn one day and went and signed the papers and picked up the cashier check the next day. I'm still waiting for clear title on the purchase though?

Oh, I do, but in the end she is still a banker first. If any of you have ever had a banker tell you that you could buy down the interest rate then you have been had.
Then GI loans have been screwing veterans for ages.

Some good insight here. I might go to online banking someday but will hold out as long as I can. I do try not to leave all my eggs in one basket though, not that I have all that many eggs yet.

TexasBred":3o5ykx50 said:
melking":3o5ykx50 said:
True Grit Farms":3o5ykx50 said:

Then GI loans have been screwing veterans for ages.

Yes they have TB and acted like they were doing Vets a favor.

greybeard":2s0z6e4o said:
I've been with WFC since the days of Wachovia.
No problems.

I started off with Central Fidelity in mid/late 80's which became Wachovia. Once Wachovia became Wells Fargo I saw a steady decline in number of tellers and service in general, along with new fees for every this and that they could imagine, not to mention the endless solicitations on each visit. I despise change, but I pulled every account from Wells Fargo and moved everything to my local Credit Union a little over a year ago. Wish I would have done it sooner.

I do some online banking through my telephone, and supposedly they will reimburse you for so many ATM transaction fees per year/month if you use another ATM while traveling - though I've yet to use an ATM in my life.

If Wells Fargo were the only game in town, I'd prefer to use my mattress.

Latest posts