Best bank?

Help Support CattleToday:

ohiosteve

Reaction score
I have been with the same bank for about 20 years now. I have been really happy with them except they are only a local bank. I am looking for a bank with branches Nationwide. Any recommendations of good ones or ones to stay away from?

ohiosteve":c8uwrmwh said:
I have been with the same bank for about 20 years now. I have been really happy with them except they are only a local bank. I am looking for a bank with branches Nationwide. Any recommendations of good ones or ones to stay away from?

From what standpoint? Work or retirement?

Caustic Burno":2u0lksiw said:
ohiosteve":2u0lksiw said:

From what standpoint? Work or retirement?
Strictly a bank I can take a check into to deposit or get cash if needed when away from home. I don't trust online banking. Now that my daughter is getting older I have been travelling more for work and I am rarely able to get to my local bank during their limited hours.

Caustic Burno":1902jehw said:
Bank of America is everywhere almost.
Before I retired I had an account with them then again that was in the days before debit cards.

BOA is to banks, like Progessive is to insurance companies. Shyttyest of the Shytty's.

One of these......I have an account at Regions and my local bank is being bought out by U.S. Bank...I worked in my early years as a loan teller/collections manager, promoted to a loan officer and then almost three years as a branch manger at Peoples Bank. Toughest job I ever had. The website below lets you do some comparing. Nothing like a local hometown bank though as you will get treated better and personal one on one if needed.

TD Bank
First Citizens Bank & Trust Company
KeyBank
Wells Fargo Bank
Regions Bank
BBVA Compass Bank
Prosperity Bank
PNC Bank
U.S. Bank
Bank of America

https://www.gobankingrates.com/banking/ ... nal-banks/

I still have my Business Calculator I used and this thing is over 30 years old and today is still top notch. I could figure any loans any way, CDs, present values or future values, etc. etc on this thing. It has six modes and you could program your on formulas in it also. My first one was a 19B and I got this one latter.

ocYLp5s.jpg

Thanks for all the good advice. I have all my mortgage and big stuff at my local bank where I can walk in and they know me. I just want an option where I can stop in to a bank in Roanoake VA, or Brighton MI, or Rehoboth Beach DE, or wherever I am and I am in the system and can deposit and withdraw money.

There is no reason not to trust online banking. In fact, it prevents tons of potential problems. With a good bank you should see deposits and withdraws with in minutes plus you can set all sorts of alarms and be notified of any issues right when it happens and shut it down.

Just because you don't bank online... doesn't mean all your info is not on line so you are not really preventing any thing by not taking advantage of it.

Be aware, that Wells Fargo has no banks in

Maine
New Hampshire
W. Virginia
Vermont
Mass.
Louisiana
Ky.
Missouri
Oklahoma
Hawaii
and there are only 2 WF banks in Arkansas; Texarkana and Ashdown.
I looked for one when I was in Little Rock and there was a WF office there, but it was a commercial mortgage place and the guy there told me WF Corporate had this policy of not opening a branch bank where people talked funny or didn't wear shoes...

Some of the larger more progressive Credit Unions have all of the banking needs that you need. You can take a photo of a check with your phone make a deposit. Also their credit debit cards will work just about any where and the fees are not really high. Look in your area for one they are every where.

jltrent":2e0upqpr said:
Also don't know if I would want to bank at Well's Fargo either.........

Fed limits Wells Fargo's growth, citing 'consumer abuses' just recently..........

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 302973002/

They are also one of the banks listed with huge exposure to the resource plays. They are having to hold for better pricing and do controlled sell offs/ foreclosures.

jltrent":35o1c7nf said:

Fed limits Wells Fargo's growth, citing 'consumer abuses' just recently..........

Exactly.
My wife works for WF. She just found out last week that WF is selling off many of their branches in the midwest. I think she said IN, MI, OH. Flagstar (?) Whoever that is has purchased the branches.

bball":kpgwtlk5 said:
jltrent":kpgwtlk5 said:

Exactly.
My wife works for WF. She just found out last week that WF is selling off many of their branches in the midwest. I think she said IN, MI, OH. Flagstar (?) Whoever that is has purchased the branches.

They need to sell a few down here. Seems like everywhere there is a crossroad there is a small Wells Fargo Bank.

Latest posts