Barely hangin on

Help Support CattleToday:

Isomade

Reaction score
But having my own personal vets just may pull her through.
0c186bb4.jpg

Brutal . . . . but good lessons. Thanks for sharing that. Give an update when you can. Most of mine don't make it (calves - Jury's still out on the kids).

angus9259":11uelwac said:
Brutal . . . . but good lessons. Thanks for sharing that. Give an update when you can. Most of mine don't make it (calves - Jury's still out on the kids).
Yea, I think she got chilled. But the kids know the drill. It's still never easy on them.

Sorry to hear she didn't make it. She still played an important role in her short life creating strong bonds in your family.

I went out early to haul her off and my 9 year old, who was upset last night that I wouldn't let her sleep in the garage with the calf, was already waiting on me to go check. She is determined to be a Veterinarian, and sure she could save her. Well the calf had passed as I expected. She removed the blanket and folded it. Then with big crocodile tears she looked up at me and said "daddy, her name was Abagail, and of all of them she was my favorite. Could we have her stuffed and put her in my room?"

Isomade":3v5fqfz1 said:
I went out early to haul her off and my 9 year old, who was upset last night that I wouldn't let her sleep in the garage with the calf, was already waiting on me to go check. She is determined to be a Veterinarian, and sure she could save her. Well the calf had passed as I expected. She removed the blanket and folded it. Then with big crocodile tears she looked up at me and said "daddy, her name was Abagail, and of all of them she was my favorite. Could we have her stuffed and put her in my room?"

Sure Honey why not!

Did you tell her that if you did that then Abagail couldn't go to Heaven and that was the most important thing she could do for her?

3waycross":23ec1vm3 said:
Isomade":23ec1vm3 said:

Sure Honey why not!

Did you tell her that if you did that then Abagail couldn't go to Heaven and that was the most important thing she could do for her?
I told her we wouldn't have room for anything If we stuffed every calf she took care of. They are all her favorite. I've never seen a kid love animals so much. My 5 year old is the same way. Every report card she asks "Am I still doing good enough to be a vet daddy?"

Sorry for your loss Isom, tugs at the heart-strings. In the big picture though it gives children a little better understanding of life. Last summer we lost a calf my daughter had named 'Petunia', that sucked. I believe children growing up around animals makes them well rounded individuals as go through life.

Sorry you lost the calf Iso. It always stinks, but look forward to the next newborn.

Your daughters a pistol! :lol2: :lol2:
That is something you will always remember.

Latest posts