Back scratcher or solutions?

Help Support CattleToday:

I like your setup albeit I would probably just use the horizontal applicator as the diesel should carry the permethrin down to where
it is needed. In fact I am putting your idea on my to do list. Thanks
The side brush is only a brush and does not apply product. It is there for their comfort and enjoyment.

But I think other outfits like Lakeland make the same thing.
You've given me an idea for some old concrete "broom finish" brooms. Now I've just gotta figure out the spray system.

I've got a couple 4 foot walk-thru gates I use when rotating. Would be perfect locations.

We have a heavy (like 5/8 or 3/4" link) log chain hanging between two barn poles. In the spring of will be covered with hair. There's always somebody rubbing on it.

Any recommendations on a cattle back scratcher ? Or is there anything I can DIY ? Thanks
I've been looking at the Prarie Phoenix oilers and the Pioneer Coupler oilers. They are a little pricey but look maintenance free. The Prarie Phoenix rep said they work excellent on yearlings and heifers but it's hard to teach a 6 yr old cow that a rope is better than a cedar tree. 😂

So, trees as back scratchers come with their own hazards. Few weeks ago, I noticed one of my cows had a stumpy, bloody tail. Figured another cow was probably standing on it when she got up & ripped it off, I treated accordingly.

Well I'll be darned, I found her tail this morning. Evidently, she was scratching her butt or back and ripped it plum off on a limb. Maybe I can glue or sew it back on for aesthetic purposes and to help with flies:unsure:. Bless her heart, she sticks out like a sore thumb with her rat tail & baboon butt.
1646336334618.jpeg
1646336426591.jpeg

So, trees as back scratchers come with their own hazards. Few weeks ago, I noticed one of my cows had a stumpy, bloody tail. Figured another cow was probably standing on it when she got up & ripped it off, I treated accordingly.

Well I'll be darned, I found her tail this morning. Evidently, she was scratching her butt or back and ripped it plum off on a limb. Maybe I can glue or sew it back on for aesthetic purposes and to help with flies:unsure:. Bless her heart, she sticks out like a sore thumb with her rat tail & baboon butt.
View attachment 13945
View attachment 13946
I always attribute stubby tails to dogs/coyotes. maybe I should be checking the brush more. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts