Skin condition, Parasites or injury?

Help Support CattleToday:

End of the story...... it remains a mystery what happened and why and how.
Spoke to the Vet beginning of the week and she was stumped by it too and couldn't give me a clear answer unless I wanted to bring the bull in for examination. Asked other cattle producers around here, neighbours........ it just raised more questions. =D
The leg and rump lesions definitely could have happened through injuries in brushpiles, thick bush and maybe a scrap with the main herd bull. The tail though...... no idea.
Like I've said previous, I sprayed all the lesions with antiseptic spray and gave him a round of ivomec. Few days after I poured some scarlet oil on tail and the bigger lesions, looks like everything is healing up.
He's never lost appetite, didn't lose any weight and couldn't wait to get back out from lock up.
Another story in the book. At least I hope.

End of the story...... it remains a mystery what happened and why and how.
Spoke to the Vet beginning of the week and she was stumped by it too and couldn't give me a clear answer unless I wanted to bring the bull in for examination. Asked other cattle producers around here, neighbours........ it just raised more questions. =D
The leg and rump lesions definitely could have happened through injuries in brushpiles, thick bush and maybe a scrap with the main herd bull. The tail though...... no idea.
Like I've said previous, I sprayed all the lesions with antiseptic spray and gave him a round of ivomec. Few days after I poured some scarlet oil on tail and the bigger lesions, looks like everything is healing up.
He's never lost appetite, didn't lose any weight and couldn't wait to get back out from lock up.
Another story in the book. At least I hope.
It really looks like pockets of fluid building up, and the scrapes as though the blisters have been rubbed off and are now open wounds.

I'm thinking allergies or some kind of reaction to something he came in contact with.