Baby on the Way

Help Support CattleToday:

I got a text from our DIL a little while ago. She and baby are both doing good, and she's expecting to be released today, but with the flooding they can't go anywhere. It sounds like the hospital is going to let them camp out in her room. That's not entirely a bad thing, since they'll be right there with the baby.

Rafter S":3iww3aan said:
I got a text from our DIL a little while ago. She and baby are both doing good, and she's expecting to be released today, but with the flooding they can't go anywhere. It sounds like the hospital is going to let them camp out in her room. That's not entirely a bad thing, since they'll be right there with the baby.

Thank God good place to be the I-45
Corridor is getting hammered.
Seen League City at 27 inches so far and it's training right up 45.

My daughter-in-law sent me this picture a while ago. I'm in the house, and it's been raining for three days, but somehow dust blew in my eyes when I saw it. Or maybe it was allergies.

Rafter S":3c5ju2ul said:

My daughter-in-law sent me this picture a while ago. I'm in the house, and it's been raining for three days, but somehow dust blew in my eyes when I saw it. Or maybe it was allergies.

Just wait till he grabs a hold of a finger.
Grandkids are great you never get stupid during the teenage years

Rafter S":1v8mgidk said:

Very sweet. So glad they're doing well. Please tell her (from this fellow mother of a "serious" preemie) that she really needs to rest and recuperate from the surgery. When you get a c-sec and a preemie at the same time, it is very very hard not to try to rush the recovery (wanting to see and care for baby). But she's (presumably) just had major surgery and it will take her several weeks to recover. Learned the hard way, hope to spare someone else. Make sure she's getting the care she needs; everyone's focus tends to (naturally) turn to the baby but mama just had major surgery

Congrats! Kinda born to the same weather I was.. My mother also had to spend extra time in a hospital due to an incredible storm that hit that weekend and washed out roads and bridges everywhere!

Rafter S":5z9yvvxv said:

What a sweet picture. :) Nice to see something good, going on in Texas.

I really appreciate all the congratulations and good wishes. He had his first checkup with the pediatrician today, and is doing fine. He's up to 5 pounds and 18-1/4".

We were invited over for supper tonight, and I held him for a while. I understand what everyone says about how much fun it is to be a grandparent.

I fondly remember the birth of my sons. Mark was 9 pounds 3 ounces. Josh was 9 pounds 13 ounces and born one year later. My mother in law looked over at me and said "Wow, what a good cow - she produces big calves and breeds back quickly."

BrangusUSA":2tmwm2mr said:
I fondly remember the birth of my sons. Mark was 9 pounds 3 ounces. Josh was 9 pounds 13 ounces and born one year later. My mother in law looked over at me and said "Wow, what a good cow - she produces big calves and breeds back quickly."

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd have been sent to the sale barn. One and done and he weighed 3# and change! But excellent genetics, very docile ;)

He's over 8 pounds now and doing good. He was pretty thin for a while, but as you can see that's no longer a problem.

Latest posts