Avg. AI success rate?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
What do you think is an average succuss rate of settling a cow nursing a calf using a synched AI method. To narrow it down, avg succuss rate for one breeding, one cycle. The cow is nursing a 3 month old calf and has a good BCS, plenty of minerals and on a good worming program. And is bred early morning or dusk following a standing heat. So if you bred 10 cows should you catch 6, 7, 10?

Alan

Alan":38tx69r5 said:
What do you think is an average succuss rate of settling a cow nursing a calf using a synched AI method. To narrow it down, avg succuss rate for one breeding, one cycle. The cow is nursing a 3 month old calf and has a good BCS, plenty of minerals and on a good worming program. And is bred early morning or dusk following a standing heat. So if you bred 10 cows should you catch 6, 7, 10?

Alan
We'll usually settle 8 or 9. Oops, that's on natural heats not induced. May find out this year because we may synch a bunch of them to tighten the calving season more.

It depends on several things natural heat is probably the best cheaper anyway. In the fall I done 24 got 21 I synced that bunch it just worked for that time but i still watch for heat and bred accordingly AM or PM. You can do everything right natural or synced and it still may not work good (mother nature).

We watch for heat and bred accordingly and have about a 70 day calving season. Past year "wife" bred all on first service. Prior year had one that was inseminated 3 times and then culled. Previous year best I remember there were 4-5 that had to be bred twice.

the ave to get all cows bred that will settle AI is 1.7 services pre cow.i do not AI but i beleive you have better sucess breeding on natural heats.i synce 2 heifers when syncing 1st came out.an neither settled on timed AI breeding.then turned bull in.an only settled to him fairly quick.

novaman":15nv44xe said:
I would think 75% bred on first service should be a reasonable mark.
That's what's claimed as being the national average for first service conceptions. Persoanlly if I ran that low every year I'ld sell my tank and breed everything natural service

dun":1it131xw said:
novaman":1it131xw said:
I would think 75% bred on first service should be a reasonable mark.
That's what's claimed as being the national average for first service conceptions. Persoanlly if I ran that low every year I'ld sell my tank and breed everything natural service

And pay for the bull with what you saved on wasted semen.

we have a.i. for 30 years. in our reg. herd (55 hd.) we stick 85% of a obserd heat.the 15% left we getbred on the next heat we sell the rest. i n the comm. herd we cink 250 yr.hiefers with ciders and 2 shots. ai on heat get 60%. breed . bred time ai on the remaing get 10% preg. then turn out bulls 2weeks latter for 45 days. sell all opens. 5% open.

Latest posts