Avatars (the little picture by your name)

Help Support CattleToday:

If it is a photo and the file name ends with .jpg go here:
http://www.jpegwizard.com/
and in the thumbnail part at the bottom select Max W&H pixels: 80 It will create you a small thumbnail photo you can save to your computer and then upload to this site.

I registered my email with the site. I have the site up and it says to select an image on your computer and I did and changed the max W&H pixels at the bottom to 80 and hit submit. It didnt do anything. I see that it says download at the top of the page by add to cart and help. Do I need to download the site before it will work or should it work without downloading it?

txag":19umylxb said:
Ellie May":19umylxb said:
No I think the show is next month. And the dude in charge, which isn't right 99% of the time said that you want the biggest calves possible. So therefore my dad just started pouring the feed to them. We always try for rate of gain, I'm just hoping that he doesn't get any fatter. I'm trying to lead him around so he will get muscle or is it too late for that since the show is next month?
Ellie May

i'm gonna risk sounding a little negative on this post........but,

you don't even know when the show is?

since i don't know "the dude in charge", i don't know how often he's wrong, but if he told you to have the biggest steer possible, he was wrong. a good hereford steer these days should be weighing about 1200 at show time. if he's weighing 1500 he's either way too fat or too large of a frame. this year at ft worth, the judge wouldn't even look at hereford steers over 1300 lbs. if you're looking for rate of gain, maybe you should start w/a younger, smaller steer.

txag- You are absolutely right about the 1200lbs. I am in FL and anything over 1300 and thats pushing it would be considered to big for what they call "boxed beef" the best size for a steer to be is around 1150 to 1200. You dont want to over finish your steer. 1150-1200 is the perfect size. You get them to big and you dont have quality you have quantity and not good quantity either. Ellie May if you get a trophy for the most gain in weight then by all means feed feed feed, but if you want a great steer that could possibly win you grand champion in your show I suggest you get serious and do some research about your feeding and finishing out your steer.Just pouring the feed to them is not all it takes to get a great steer.

Latest posts