Avatars (the little picture by your name)

Help Support CattleToday:

Ellie May":1sattph4 said:
No I think the show is next month. And the dude in charge, which isn't right 99% of the time said that you want the biggest calves possible. So therefore my dad just started pouring the feed to them. We always try for rate of gain, I'm just hoping that he doesn't get any fatter. I'm trying to lead him around so he will get muscle or is it too late for that since the show is next month?
Ellie May

i'm gonna risk sounding a little negative on this post........but,

you don't even know when the show is?

since i don't know "the dude in charge", i don't know how often he's wrong, but if he told you to have the biggest steer possible, he was wrong. a good hereford steer these days should be weighing about 1200 at show time. if he's weighing 1500 he's either way too fat or too large of a frame. this year at ft worth, the judge wouldn't even look at hereford steers over 1300 lbs. if you're looking for rate of gain, maybe you should start w/a younger, smaller steer.

Yeah that's a good idea to move the troughs around. I have 2 show calves and my brother has one. His is about 1300 my biggest about 1500 and littlest about 1200. They are housed in a very large breeze way and have access to outside too. They have planty of room to walk around the big one looks kinda fat but the rest look good. I'm plannin' on leading him everyday till the show wonder if that would work? There are 2 shows one here & another in Clarksville. The one here is this month (I think) And the other next month.
Thanx ya'll!
Ellie May

Well, i finally had time to sit down and develop my own line of avatars. you people will be seeing a lot of beefy as i test out all my cool new pics. just thought i'd give you fair warning.

cherokeeruby":3khk7tnp said:
Site won't accept new avatar. Help!

:help: :help: :help:

is it too big? what kind of message do you get?

I still have not mastered this. Can't get one of my own pictures resized. The jpeg site thing is no longer available. Any suggestions? (The Piedmontese bull on the gallery isn't a real flattering picture of the breed,no offence meant).

If you have your brand loaded in your computer as an image an avatar can be made from it.

Send me a PM if you want one made.

Double R Ranch":drwc28tt said:
Just wondering..... I saw someone put there brand up as there picture. How did they do this?