Aubrac Bull Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

ANAZAZI":3vriz62e said:
aubracs have another variety that shows before the calf is born. Therefore calving issues.
uhhh.. completely wrong?

Aubracs arent double muscled; theyre heavily muscled. are you just making stuff up?

A good resource for information regarding Aubracs is http://www.aubracusa.com.
With all the talk about grain and fuel prices climbing even higher, I feel that the future for grass effecient cattle is extremely bright. However, If I didn't have access to forage focused genetics I wouldn't be in the beef business at this point in time. So I'm happy to be able to do what I love- raising cattle.

Best,

SixMile

FCC":fi72h85r said:
Hello,

I have been reading the comments on the National Aubrac sale, and wanted to thank everyone for your interest in the breed. My family hosted the sale and we also consigned the lower percentage Aubracs (out of composite cows), either from our own herd or Cooperator herds.

The sale averages were (roughly) 2600.00 on the bulls and near 3000.00 on the females. The top selling bull was one of our herd bulls, a black, 75%, scurred bull that sold to Ford Cattle Co in Alabama.

Please feel free to check out our website at http://www.fickecattle.com. for more info related to our program and the Aubrac breed.

Thanks
FCC
Checked out your website, there were some fine animals in the pictures, thanks for sharing them with us. I only mention the small scrotal size, because frankly I saw some of the same mistakes made in the early Limousin bulls. Some had a excellant pair, others, other looked like chimpmonks... That led to many bloodlines in the Limi breed that would not calf as 2 year olds. If a heifer doesent have a lot of ear in it, and it does not drop a calf at 2years of age. That bloodline needs to be hamburger. I saw on TV great scrotal size on some bulls, but there were some bulls in the low 30's. Glad you had a great sale, your black bull was a very fine looking bull

houstoncutter":1fopaqte said:
I saw on TV great scrotal size on some bulls, but there were some bulls in the low 30's.

most of the low scrotal bulls were only 10 months old.

Hello from Montana,

I just returned with my purchase from the National Aubrac Sale. A yearling bull produced by Hunt Aubracs. A son of the highest total maternal bull in France.
He just completed his first jump at Origen and produced 180 unit's. Actual scrotal of 44cm...actual IMF 4.86.
A high % of Aubrac bulls will top 34 cm at a year, many in the 36-40.
Learn more about Aubrac Cattle at http://www.aubracusa.com

Aero":1pmpi8ey said:
houstoncutter":1pmpi8ey said:
I saw on TV great scrotal size on some bulls, but there were some bulls in the low 30's.

most of the low scrotal bulls were only 10 months old.

Nope some of those were in the 20's. There were several bulls with good scrotal sizes, but sorry some should have been cut. Small scrotal, means late maturing daughters. Use the knife seedstock producers, and that goes for all breeds, some of us commercial guys have had enough of these chipmonk nutted bulls

houstoncutter":iwnguiui said:
Small scrotal, means late maturing daughters.

I dont think anyone would argue that point. most studies that have been done on this seem to average out around 3 days per cm adj to 365 day. so a bull that is 10 cm smaller at 1 year than another will probably have females which mature 30 days later than the large scrotal bull.

Latest posts