Attn all you feral hog haters

Help Support CattleToday:

iowahawkeyes

Reaction score
The History Channel is doing a "MonsterQuest" on feral/wild hogs. If you watch, tell if it's accurate. As we don't have them up here, I find it all very interesting.

iowahawkeyes":3p1ewmu9 said:
The History Channel is doing a "MonsterQuest" on feral/wild hogs. If you watch, tell if it's accurate. As we don't have them up here, I find it all very interesting.

Is that the one that has a bunch about "Hogzilla"? If it is and they haven't updated/corrected it, there is some inaccuarte assumptions that are made.

I've seen the show and enjoyed it. I've seen a 400lbs hog in the wild but never as big as the one on that show. I think its 800lbs. Seen photo's of one in a hunting mag. that was over 1100lbs. IN SOUTH MISSISSIPPI A 400LB HOG IS A BIG HOG. :tiphat:

dun":eqjguxbb said:
iowahawkeyes":eqjguxbb said:

Is that the one that has a bunch about "Hogzilla"? If it is and they haven't updated/corrected it, there is some inaccuarte assumptions that are made.

Your right Dun. Hogzilla was not wild. It was a pet. I know this cause I furnished the feed to feed it. A few years ago I got my hands on a whole semi-load of free peanut butter roughly 60 drums. High protein cheap cattle feed is what I thought. Not. After learning you can't feed straight peanut butter to cattle and you can only make a great big ball of goop which would rival the world's largest ball of twine, I donated the peanut butter to a buddy who used it to feed his daughter's pet hog. The rest is History which I had no part in.

Watched it last night. A good show and I enjoyed it.
New the Game Warden that was on the show from Archer county.
The biggest around these parts usally runs around 400 to 450lbs.
At least the ones i've seen and killed.

Cal

ga. prime":2igm6knx said:
What was the breeding on that hog Jo? I always thought he looked like a Duroc X Spotted Poland China.

I don't remember and don't know squat about hogs but I can ask. Billy told me once that it was a cross and Duroc sounds right but can't remember the other but SPC doesn't ring a bell. His daughter bottle raised it and it was as friendly as a dog. She would ride it like a horse but it just got too big. I don't know the exact details of what happened once it was "let loose in the wild" but I heard the first person to see the hog didn't shoot it but rather climbed down out of his stand and petted it and got his picture took by it. My understanding is that he ended up dying on his own. They buried him then we got about 7 inches of rain and he came out of the ground and they had to rebury him - this is when the picture was took and might explain the shovel to the left of the hole that can be seen in some of the pictures.

i reckon hoggzillia was pretty much proven tobe a domestic hogg that got/or was lett loose.now theres prolly some big wild hoggs out there.but i havent heard of anyone killing a giant hogg round here.

Latest posts