At the sale yesterday

Help Support CattleToday:

BRG

Reaction score
Yesterday I was at Mobridge Livestock as we had several customers sell. Once I remembered to, I took a couple photos.

The market was stronger yesterday and the barn was full of buyers. It was nice to see.

This load of steers weighed 649 lbs and they got $103/cwt

This guy had a half a load and a neighbor had a half a load of the same type, so they weighed them and sold them together to form 1 load. They weighed 592lbs and they got $105.75/cwt

Once again, the buyers were really after the 6 weight or higher calves. The demand wasn't there for the calves that were under 550 lbs, as lots of 520 lbs calves were in the $105 to 107/cwt range.

Wow those prices are a lot better than our area was yesterday. I had a group @ 667 pounds that looked similar to your second pic and they brought 92.50

novaman":15nryy3k said:
Wow those prices are a lot better than our area was yesterday. I had a group @ 667 pounds that looked similar to your second pic and they brought 92.50

I watched part of a couple sales in ND on Tuesday and Wednesday and they were at a minimum $10/cwt back from Mobridge. Sometimes it was almost double that. Not sure whay, trucking plays into it, but not that much. Mobridge does a very good job for getting buyers there and not letting the buyers pick and choose. I recommend them, you should check them out. They get alot of ND cattle.

BRG":gcp0f5oq said:
Yesterday I was at Mobridge Livestock as we had several customers sell. Once I remembered to, I took a couple photos.

The market was stronger yesterday and the barn was full of buyers. It was nice to see.

This load of steers weighed 649 lbs and they got $103/cwt

This guy had a half a load and a neighbor had a half a load of the same type, so they weighed them and sold them together to form 1 load. They weighed 592lbs and they got $105.75/cwt

Once again, the buyers were really after the 6 weight or higher calves. The demand wasn't there for the calves that were under 550 lbs, as lots of 520 lbs calves were in the $105 to 107/cwt range.
Do you remember what the 490's were ahead of the first group that sold for only $98.75? must of been girls maybe?

Nice to see that second lot of similar type but different color brought a competitive price. Thanks for the pictures. I went to a sale at Herreid earlier this year. Have prices there been similar? is it the area or the Mobridge sale barn in particular? Or is the market in general turning a bit? Jim

SRBeef":1gnvx9fi said:
Nice to see that second lot of similar type but different color brought a competitive price. Thanks for the pictures. I went to a sale at Herreid earlier this year. Have prices there been similar? is it the area or the Mobridge sale barn in particular? Or is the market in general turning a bit? Jim
But they weighed 61 pounds less. That accounts for some of it.

SRBeef":15956ls2 said:

Herreid will get similar prices, but I think Mobridge would ussually have some of the higher prices for the area.