Aren't you glad you live where you do.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes!!!! Because where else but a small, rural, tight-knit community would the Sheriff, Police, Fire & EMS Departments plaster a fundraiser on their Facebook page(s) where the winning raffles include a 1/4 beef, a Henry 45-70 rifle and a S&W .223 AR-15? And yes, I went all in with 6 tickets. But so has everyone else, so my odds are slim. Who doesn't love cornhole & BBQ? BTW, this is just one of many fundraisers for Lane. He's a great kid, his family is well respected and it's truly a tragedy.207502430_2573078226332494_5002747576953574053_n.jpg

This is an interesting bit of info---The population of Earth is around 7.8 Billion. For most people, it is a large figure, that is all. However, if you condensed 7.8 billion in the world into 100 persons, and then into various percentage statistics.The resulting analysis is relatively much easier to comprehend. Out of 100 :
11 are in Europe
5 are in North America
9 are in South America
15 are in Africa
60 are in Asia

49 live in the countryside
51 live in cities

12 speak Chinese
5 speak Spanish
5 speak English
3 speak Arabic
3 speak Hindi
3 speak Bengali
3 speak Portuguese
2 speak Russian
2 speak Japanese
62 speak their own language.

77 have their own houses owned or rented
23 have no place to live.

21 are over-nourished
63 can eat full
15 are under-nourished
1 ate the last meal, but did not make it to the next meal.

The daily cost of living for 48 is less than 2 USD
87 have clean drinking water
13 either lack clean drinking water or have access to a water source
that is polluted.

75 have mobile phones
25 do not.

30 have internet access
70 do not have conditions to go online

7 received university education
93 did not attend college.

83 can read
17 are illiterate.

33 are Christians
22 are Muslims
14 are Hindus
7 are Buddhists
12 are other religions
12 have no religious beliefs.

26 live less than 14 years
66 died between 15 - 64 years of age
8 are over 65 years old.

If you have your own home,
Eat full meals & drink clean water,
Have a mobile phone,
Can surf the internet, and
have gone to college,
You are in the minuscule privileged lot.
(in the less than 7% category)

Check out some homeless videos on YouTube it breaks my heart. All homeless don't chose to be like that. Once they get to that point it's hard for them to get back up. How many homeless people would you hire? Plus most the homeless shelter they don't tell you they take a percentage of their checks. They can't stay there if they are on drugs or alcohol. Alot do have mental illness , drug addiction, alcoholics, ect. Shoot I would be if I was sleep in the street and everything I was wearing or carried. Yes, some do take advantage, to me if they want to spend all day faking being homeless thats not on me that's on them. 🤷🏽‍♀️ I'm to wore out to go on a big homeless rant tonight. 😉
I'll hire any homeless person who will show up on time, and give a honest days work. And I'll pay twice minimum wage. I'll also provide a ride to work for the first two weeks.
I'd challenge you to find any takers.

I'll hire any homeless person who will show up on time, and give a honest days work. And I'll pay twice minimum wage. I'll also provide a ride to work for the first two weeks.
I'd challenge you to find any takers.

If you weren't in Texas I'd go hunt someone somewhere down for you. I'm not disagreeing some don't, some can't, and some won't work. I do believe there are some that will. Alot are fugitives obviously wouldn't have an i.d. or a real name only work for cash. Alot of mental health, drug and alcohol issues. I don't know how other areas are, as for as getting help with mental health, drug, and alcohol here it's kind of a joke not haha. I'm definitely not trying to make excuses for homeless people. I do think they need a hand up not hand out, re directed, help with jobs, training, money management, mental health, drugs and alcohol, ect. Not everyone wants help. Yet we shouldn't have elder men sleeping in the snow on sidewalks. Some of these men that serve our country. Yes some are scam artists no different than men in suits being scam arts. :)

Numerous oligarchs—Mark Zuckerberg, Pierre Omidyar, Elon Musk, and Sam Altman, founder of the Y Combinator—have embraced this vision, including a "guaranteed wage," usually $500 or $1,000 monthly.

In keeping with the title of the thread. Our county made the news the other night, for the wrong reasons. There was a shooting at the county fair. Then a couple weeks ago the next county over made the national news for adults fighting at a little league game.

Latest posts