anyone here have arterial fibrillation..Afib?

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":1eoszljy said:
I'm not going to like this zarelto.. Mowed the lawn yesterday evening, let a little limb brush my face and left a tiny scratch on my nose. Woke up about 4am with a bloody pillow and took me 2 hours to get that little scratch to stop bleeding and only been on zarelto 2 days now. I think my barb wire fencing days are done...
I wonder if that blood stop powder I have for the cows is safe to use on humans?

:eek: :shock: :eek:

My oldest brother has had a similar issue with his Plavix. He loves going out on his boat, fishing. Told me about a time he was bitten on his leg, by one of those green-head horseflys, said his leg bled for 4 hours! :shock:

As for that powder, I've used a Farnham product, "Wonder-Dust" for horses, on myself a time or two, I'm still living. ;-)

TCRanch":1iacac9v said:
greybeard":1iacac9v said:
skyhightree1":1iacac9v said:
GB...I take metoprolol or whatever its called 50 mg per day
Same here--it's generic Toprol.
Was also on Clopidigrel..Plavix generic, but she took me off it Wed and put me on Zarelto.
In the mix every day:
Atorvastatin (generic Lipitor)
Metformin (a glucophage for diabetes)
Furosemide (generic Lasix.)
Zarelto--no generic for it yet. supposedly the latest greatest thinner and clot preventer.
Losartan (generic Cozaar)
81mg aspirin.
COQ10..an over the counter supplement but prescribed for almost anyone taking Lasix or Lipitor.
Bydureon--a belly injection I take once/week for diabetes. I detest this the most.
Amiodarone (generic Cardrone/Pacerone) ..supposed to keep my heart in rhythm.
Xarelto is ridiculously expensive but worth it and a generic has not yet been approved. Our pharmacist somehow got it down from $365 to $30.
Side note that you probably already know but . . . if you're having an Afib episode it sometimes helps to cough, chug ice water or grunt/bear down as if you're having a major b.m. Weird, but it can sometimes "shock" the heart into a more normal rhythm.
I've heard that jumping into a cold shower works to... I can see where it would work to...one drop of cold water in the shower jolts my system.....

Husband had one done in 2010. Fixed him right up, still doing great. Felt terrible prior what with all the
flutters/abnormal beats.

Latest posts