anyone else feed this ?

Help Support CattleToday:

My Dad fed peanut hay back when he was growing peanuts. Cattle loved it and he also used it in the bulk of ground feed. Mixed with corn, cotton seed meal and a little molasses the cows would take you down for a bite.

The neighbours had some peanuts growing in their garden this year. First time I ever heard of them around here. Not sure I'm ready to try out a field of em though.

If you're feeding crop residue off of your own fields then some accounting must be made for the value of the nutrients removed. Very few crop guys around here bale their stalks for that reason. Still a good feed though.

Bigfoot":zt4eu0kg said:
Question........do cattle eat the stalks on milo, when you feed them?

BF they're usually chopped short enough they can and will eat them but there will always be some in the bale that are long and have a large diameter. This comprises a large percentage of any waste you may have.

Like tb said there is a fair amount of waste. It seems like the cows kinda learn how to eat it. IF you switch to Milo from fine grass hay there will be lots of waste it will decrease in time. The thick stalks they don't eat get spread out and form a mat instead of getting trampled into the mud.

guess what I also got to feed... My hay guy sold me 25 of these for dirt cheap cause they got rained on. Cattle never had any hope they eat it.

ResizedImage_1446654432063_zpsgkyavk9m.jpg

Latest posts