Cows eating hay that came off this field

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
The feed row this morning. Cows eating a bale and a half that came off this field during a little warmer conditions. I notice where I fed yesterday that they are cleaning it up pretty darn well. They are getting about 30 pounds apiece per day. I don't have any blue cows this year but a number of them look blue this morning.

P1153157.JPGP1153154.JPG

Beautiful scenery there. Sure looks cold, but cows are lookin good, and you have them well-taken care of. Seeing those pictures, I can't help but wonder how those cattle of your neighbors are holding up since he's not feeding them any. I keep hoping he will come to his senses.

Beautiful scenery there. Sure looks cold, but cows are lookin good, and you have them well-taken care of. Seeing those pictures, I can't help but wonder how those cattle of your neighbors are holding up since he's not feeding them any. I keep hoping he will come to his senses.
I have been wondering the same thing. Got to be a pretty big shock to their system to arrive to this weather. The one thing I wonder about is water over there. Where the cows were when I saw them they would have no access to the river. Just a little creek less than 10 feet wide and 6 inches deep. With this sub zero weather that creek has to be frozen solid. Well the weather and the roads are such that I am not going to check on them unless I get called. I might call his closest neighbor over on that road to see if he has been asked to take care of them.

Latest posts