angus sire to add muscle?

Help Support CattleToday:

Is it possible to have a discussion about Angus, without the idiot Angus-bashing comments of guest25 and his brothers? You don't raise Angus, you've got an obvious bias against Angus, keep your smart comments to yourself. Someone is asking for information, and they have to wade through your infantile remarks.

George Monk,

I understand completely. SC is directly related to a heifers age at puberty. In bulls it is an indicator of a bulls service capacity. Scrotal circumference in the Angus breed to me is an area of concern as is muscle and structure. I look for Marathon's scrotal EPD to improve. Time will tell.

I consider EPD's as much as the next person, but I also try to find out actual performance and stats as well. I am not trying a high pressure sales pitch here, I just am trying to understand how others make their slections. I think you are on the right track by setting parameters and sticking to them. If only all would do so.

Frankie":247gwbzo said:
I'm not going to be very helpful because that's not something we try to do here.

This jumped off the page at me and gave me a good laugh. Shows how things can be misconstrued when taken out of context. Sorry, feeling a bit childish tonight. Please continue. ;-)

6M, I hope not to get this thread locked, but guest25 is an incomprehensible, irrational, incoherent idiot. Don't waste time trying to decipher his posts. Skip 'em. He thinks what George Monk wants is to add muscle to the double muscled piedmonts. How assinine can you get?

guest25":1p2tawq0 said:
Here's what i did say the cow has the face and body of a Holsteins You don't like it get over it.

I FULLY UNDDERSTAND HE IS LOOKING AT FLUSHING THE COW. that's THE PROBLEM NOW DAYS EVERYBODY JUST WANTS TO FLUSH MEDIOCER COWS.

If anybody flushes it should be superior genetics. Like it lump ga prime the cow has the head of a holstein.

Nobody asked you what you thought of the cow or what you thought her head looked like, we were asked what Angus bull would improve that cow. George likes what his cow is doing for him out in the field or he would not be looking too flush her. George knows HIS cows better than we do; so I am inclined too trust his judgement on which cow he should be flushing. IF you don't like her, then don't buy her calves.

guest, you should audition for Ed McMahon's "Star Search" TV show in the category of "Clueless Psycho Comic".

guest25":kv1akj13 said:
You post them you take what comes with it get over it. Maybe you were the classroom monitor in school also huh.

Son .... I thought we had discussed this earlier. The name calling thing and all just because he called you on it.

ga. prime":2xzadfu2 said:
guest, you should audition for Ed McMahon's "Star Search" TV show in the category of "Clueless Psycho Comic".

I have no "dog in this hunt," but I can't help it...

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh, that was a good one!

Alice

VanC":27mw2ff4 said:
Frankie":27mw2ff4 said:
I'm not going to be very helpful because that's not something we try to do here.

This jumped off the page at me and gave me a good laugh. Shows how things can be misconstrued when taken out of context. Sorry, feeling a bit childish tonight. Please continue. ;-)

Taken out of context it is funny. :lol: I worry more about keeping or adding frame than moderating it. But whatever works for George.

Several years ago a co-worker and I were seriously discussing bulls we were using AI. One of the secretaries came into the cubicle laughing her head off. She said she was walking by and the word "semen" jumped out at her. She's a country gal and knew what we were talking about, but not everyone in the surrounding offices was as knowledgable. :lol:

Hoff First Addition for sure. I have a heifer out of him that has extrodinary muscle shape that is out of a cow that is lacking a little, I wish she was a bull.

guest25":2kxy77dq said:
You post them you take what comes with it get over it. Maybe you were the classroom monitor in school also huh.

YOUR classroom probably NEEDED a classroom monitor.

Teacher too class: 'If guest says anything, pop him with this oak yard stick'

You guys this is ridiculous! There is nothing but slamming done on these posts and it's quite silly.

I haven't been to this site as much for a while as it was getting annoying and I check back and it's worse yet. I used to like coming to this site, not anymore it's like high school all over again.

The OCC bloodlines in angus cattle are something I look for when buying angus bulls. I have never bought directly from them but I really like the looks of Anchor and he (or his get) would decrease your frame size. Angus cattle typically don't possess the most muscle out there but I breed angus bulls to hereford and hereford-angus cross cows to get replacement females, that is where they shine. As far as being concerned with the scrotal size (here we go again) if I am looking at a bull that measures 40 that is plenty big (regardless of some math derived EPD says)(I wonder where this great scrotal fixation on this board comes from?). If you want muscle go with charolais or limo. I have never used a limousin, but use Charolais as a terminal bull. I also kept a small set (12) of charolais sired heifers out of a set of high percentage angus (probably 1/8 hereford) and those smoky cows are making really good cows they have raised two good sets of Angus sired calves and have had no problem keeping their flesh and breeding back (so far).

Have a GREAT day!!

Latest posts