Amish Adult Bookstore

Help Support CattleToday:

badaxemoo

Reaction score
Our Amish neighbors are modest people. In their community, it's considered rude to ask a woman when her baby is due if there are any kids within earshot. The other day, a neighborhood boy came running down to my place to ask for help with one of their Holsteins that was having trouble calving. He would only use the word "freshening" and got embarrassed when I asked him questions about at what point in labor the cow was in and how much of the calf was out.

Our neighbors also seem to be on the lookout for good deals. Lately, they have been buying used billboard covers to serve as tarps. I was surprised earlier in the summer to drive by and see a pile of lumber covered with a tarp that displayed a big purple gorilla on it.

But yesterday as I drove by, I wish I had my camera.

They are building a new house on part of their property. To cover one wall that isn't finished and to keep the wind off the gang of workers, they have hung up one of those huge billboard covers - and it reads in big red letters on a black background:

Pure Pleasures XXX

Adult Videos, Novelties, and Lingerie Open 24 hours.

The juxtaposition of all those bearded, black-hatted guys up hammering away on the house with the words on that billboard cover were the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

That's hilarious. Do you reckon they just didn't know what was being advertised? Seems that would have been a good one to turn backside out.

From the Amish I know they were probably thinking it was a pretty good joke

dun

Hasbeen":31n10r4r said:
That's hilarious. Do you reckon they just didn't know what was being advertised? Seems that would have been a good one to turn backside out.

The Amish are more "worldly" and up on the modern things that most folk realize.

That would have been a Letterman moment for sure. Should have taken the picture. Im sure they realized exactly what it said and every hammer swing was lighter becasue of it. Humor sure can make a day go by faster.

I used to have Amish neighbors and Noah always used any excuse to stop by, especially if he thought the other neighbor(not Amish) was out in her back yard in her bikini getting a suntan. You could get a good view of her from our back yard. He also really liked iced tea and he didn't seem to mind if the television was on either.

Buddy of mine has hauled some stock for the Amish.

We were talking about the Amish and their cell phones when he told me about one of his loads. He said the Amishman was on the cell phone talking dirty to his wife as they returned home from the yards.

:oops:

My experience with the Amish is that they are just like you and me they just like to work harder and they dress funny. Boone

That sure would have been a great picture. Are there a lot of Amish where you live? I used to spend my summers in Wisconsin when I was growing up and worked up there for about a year after high school. Don't recall seeing any Amish. Got quite a few around here, though.

john250":2svks8js said:
Buddy of mine has hauled some stock for the Amish.

We were talking about the Amish and their cell phones when he told me about one of his loads. He said the Amishman was on the cell phone talking dirty to his wife as they returned home from the yards.

:oops:

At least it was his wife... 8)

Alice

John250, was he talking dirty in Dutch or English? When I'm around them they talk in dutch if they don't want me to know what they are saying. :) :)

rkm":215vjioy said:
John250, was he talking dirty in Dutch or English? When I'm around them they talk in dutch if they don't want me to know what they are saying. :) :)

Puts a whole new light on "talking dirty..."

Alice

Caustic Burno":mxo6w2fx said:
Why I am I not surprised at who started this thread.

And that matters because....? Ah man, I just couldn't help myself!

Merry Christmas, Mr. Burno! :)

Alice

Caustic Burno":2ui7ar6r said:
Why I am I not surprised at who started this thread.

You mean to tell me you didn't find that story the least bit amusing?

I'm still trying to get over the shock from finding out you cruise that ATTRA website. Under that thick crust, you must be soft-hearted, cattle-petting, land-loving sustainable aggie at heart.

Since you're an ATTRA fan (Bush tried to kill it, you know), I'd like to extend a warm invitation to this conference. I'll be manning one of the information tables and might even be on a panel discussing farm bill reform:

http://www.mosesorganic.org/umofc/intro06.htm

Perhaps the workshop on Yoga for farmers would interest you.

Merry Christmas and see you in LaCrosse. :D

boone":img64l47 said:
My experience with the Amish is that they are just like you and me they just like to work harder and they dress funny. Boone

I agree. I didn't tell the story to start a thread or discussion on whether the Amish are "good" or "bad". That's just silly, because anyone that knows Amish folks knows that there are good and bad things about living in their community just like any other.

I do know, however, that I like my neighbors an awful lot and that we have helped each other out on numerous occasions. I would have really liked to have a picture of the banner, but I respect my neighbor's wish not to be photographed.

Latest posts