After 35 Years

Help Support CattleToday:

I think you're doing alright, Caustic :nod: . What model is that? There's still a 165 hanging in there that my brother still has and it starts up every time even after sitting for a few months. Love that Perkins diesel! That tractor held my a$$ up for many years. I hope it keeps on going for ya!

I've always been a Massey man. Those Perkins engines sip fuel. I promise you at today's fuel prices the savings would pay for the tractor. Wonder why today's engines aren't as efficient.

Bigfoot":1vd6abon said:
I've always been a Massey man. Those Perkins engines sip fuel. I promise you at today's fuel prices the savings would pay for the tractor. Wonder why today's engines aren't as efficient.

You got that right on the fuel biggest mistake I made was selling my 135. Some guy just offered me so much I couldn't turn it down.

You did better than I/dad did. I have a 275 Massey and had to replace the pump after about 20 years. ( Dad owned her then). As to fuel savings it just can't be beat. Can hay all day on 3/4 tank of fuel. Multi power is giving me grief rite now but the repair can wait untill it's time for a clutch(it's my loader tractor too).

Bigfoot":16y53rtc said:

One reason, EPA. This is pretty normal in my experence. My 1983 JD 2350 uses less fuel than than my 1995 JD 5300 that is a smaller tractor with less HP.

thats pretty dang good on a water pump.. had to change mine out on my JD 2440 after 7200 hours year before last.
I never cared too much for my 1977 Massey 135.. seemed like everything was hard to get to to work on. Much different than the ol 1957 model that is still going!

Limomike":298cuibs said:
thats pretty dang good on a water pump.. had to change mine out on my JD 2440 after 7200 hours year before last.
I never cared too much for my 1977 Massey 135.. seemed like everything was hard to get to to work on. Much different than the ol 1957 model that is still going!

My 135 was a 67 model. I repainted it and put new decal's on it and sold it for more than twice what I paid for it.
Stupid Stupid :bang: :bang: it should still be sitting in the barn.
Neighbor has a 68 model with power steering and remote hydrualic's I keep making offer's on.
I don't need it I just want it.

I still have a 71 MF 135 deisel which got new , it has over 8000 hours and the motor was never opened up , we did have the injector pump rebuilt about 10 years ago. It was our first deisel tractor , we had a 3 bottom plow and it only used 1 gal/hr , at that time we paid 19 cents/gal for fuel . Before we got it we demonstated a 135 gas tractor and that used over 2gal/hr . That 135 will be here as long as I am.

After four day's it is in. This was the water pump job from heII. It wasn't the water pump it was the sheet metal and shroud. Had to pull all the sheet metal breather system, oil cooler, radiator, shroud together as a system. Then you had to go in a hole like an armiddllo to get to the pulley. The water pump was nothing. This was poor engineering at its best. you had to put 3 to 4 pieces of sheet metal together at once.

CB,

I have a 275. The sheet metal reassembly will make one crazy. This piece before that piece. Don't tighten that until you tighten this. Like a Chinese puzzle ring. I love the tractor anyway.

MarkM":1xwqjcco said:
CB,

I have a 275. The sheet metal reassembly will make one crazy. This piece before that piece. Don't tighten that until you tighten this. Like a Chinese puzzle ring. I love the tractor anyway.

How true that was put very much more eloquently than I tried to describe it.

Caustic Burno":gzu41alj said:
I don't need it I just want it.

You have a touch of the same disease I have. Taken care of, it will only go up in value. Makes a lot more sense to me than something that goes down in value before you get it home.