A possible investment in our future....

Help Support CattleToday:

bball

Reaction score
A govt funded program that provides tubal ligation or vasectomy to any and all takers. The US govt will pay for the expense of the surgery, and provide any takers with a one time payment of $7500.00. Non-negotiable, non-reversible. I think our welfare problems, social and civil ills would all be minimized in roughly two generations. This program would be open to all races, socio-economic backgrounds, education, religions and both sexes. Therefore, shouldn't alienate anyone. Tax dollars at work. Not forced, but a choice. Just a thought...

OR, cut the government out of it all together and do away with all subsidies of every kind and let people fail so that real need get's met on a face to face basis so that those that want to work the system can fail as they should. Then sit back and watch our country get stronger as those that can't make it can't afford to breed.

cow pollinater":kxdqs558 said:
OR, cut the government out of it all together and do away with all subsidies of every kind and let people fail so that real need get's met on a face to face basis so that those that want to work the system can fail as they should. Then sit back and watch our country get stronger as those that can't make it can't afford to breed.

I too have considered this option.... I see a few issues sadly:

People are never too poor to breed. Breeding costs nothing, it's the outcome that costs.
the civil unrest and crime would be astronomical.
the do gooder social elite would never stand for abandoning govt support.
politicians would never allow it either, huge portion of their constituency doing without.

In an ideal world, your idea would work perfectly, but we are corrupted, from within.

bball":1c77hy8g said:
People are never too poor to breed. Breeding costs nothing, it's the outcome that costs.
Yes and people have been sheltered from that reality for a few generations. Bring that back and watch the birthrate drop as people look around and see very real consequences for their actions.

bball":3eq5434s said:
A govt funded program that provides tubal ligation or vasectomy to any and all takers. The US govt will pay for the expense of the surgery, and provide any takers with a one time payment of $7500.00. Non-negotiable, non-reversible. I think our welfare problems, social and civil ills would all be minimized in roughly two generations. This program would be open to all races, socio-economic backgrounds, education, religions and both sexes. Therefore, shouldn't alienate anyone. Tax dollars at work. Not forced, but a choice. Just a thought...
That's a great idea. And one heck of a return on our tax dollars.

I'd pay for a few.

Is this worldwide, or just US? Any shrinkage can be back-filled pretty quick from all over the world.

HDRider":3fbtatw2 said:
I'd pay for a few.

Is this worldwide, or just US? Any shrinkage can be back-filled pretty quick from all over the world.

Dang! Great point. Hadn't considered that. Strictly US to start, with a strict tightening of immigration, like the rest of civilized countries have. Good call.

bball":2h6zv5nj said:
HDRider":2h6zv5nj said:
I'd pay for a few.

Dang! Great point. Hadn't considered that. Strictly US to start, with a strict tightening of immigration, like the rest of civilized countries have. Good call.
The idea is improving.

Gotta cover the details. Details matter.

cow pollinater":spnjhf5y said:
bball":spnjhf5y said:
Yes and people have been sheltered from that reality for a few generations. Bring that back and watch the birthrate drop as people look around and see very real consequences for their actions.

I want to believe this statement to be true CP, I do. But I fear many many folks don't think like you or I when it comes to consequences/responsibilty, else they would be working instead of welfare. Different mindset. But I could be completely wrong.

HDRider":l4umqdkm said:
bball":l4umqdkm said:
HDRider":l4umqdkm said:
I'd pay for a few.

The idea is improving.

Gotta cover the details. Details matter.

:clap: The devil is in the details.

bball":158thfpk said:
cow pollinater":158thfpk said:
bball":158thfpk said:

I want to believe this statement to be true CP, I do. But I fear many many folks don't think like you or I when it comes to consequences/responsibilty, else they would be working instead of welfare. Different mindset. But I could be completely wrong.
Welfare started with good intentions but once you take away the ability of the taxpayer to see who they're helping it WILL breed fraud and also apathy on the part of those that would likely help someone in need. Why help when big brother is right there?

Why? We don't need fewer people. There is nothing wrong with people procreating. It was designed as a blessing. Nothing better than newborn baby.

We need families, that's what's missing. A nuclear family. Guys running out on their responsibility don't need a vasectomy, they need their nuts cut. Women don't need .gov as their bread winner. They need to get their attitudes in check and stop trying to pretend that they are princesses and start learning to live with men that aren't perfect. There needs to be more forgiveness and commitment to another person that isn't perfect.

There is a plan to fix all this mess, people don't want to follow it. They'd rather try to look at the consequences of poor choices, harmful behavior, and try to sweep that under the rug. Won't work.

I've learned my own lessons in life so this isn't a soap box, some behaviors just have consequences. It's time we recognize that. You have to have a diagnosis before you can even begin to expect to form an appropriate treatment. We're trying to call the consequences the disease.

When America stops breeding, it will cease to exist. Much of Europe is already being outbred.

Very true CP, additionally, welfare breeds complacency in its recipients when utilized outside of its original intent. Namely, a temporary assistance. Welfare was never intended, nor should it be, to be a generational plan for existence.

Commercialfarmer":1h4abimw said:
Why? We don't need fewer people. There is nothing wrong with people procreating. It was designed as a blessing. Nothing better than newborn baby.

We need families, that's what's missing. A nuclear family. Guys running out on their responsibility don't need a vasectomy, they need their nuts cut. Women don't need .gov as their bread winner. They need to get their attitudes in check and stop trying to pretend that they are princesses and start learning to live with men that aren't perfect. There needs to be more forgiveness and commitment to another person that isn't perfect.

There is a plan to fix all this mess, people don't want to follow it. They'd rather try to look at the consequences of poor choices, harmful behavior, and try to sweep that under the rug. Won't work.

I've learned my own lessons in life so this isn't a soap box, some behaviors just have consequences. It's time we recognize that. You have to have a diagnosis before you can even begin to expect to form an appropriate treatment. We're trying to call the consequences the disease.

When America stops breeding, it will cease to exist. Much of Europe is already being outbred.

I think you missed the point.. it's not about population control, it's more about quality control.

bball":2ovcgutc said:
I think you missed the point.. it's not about population control, it's more about quality control.
That statement just stinks rotten to me. Our nation was built by people that did better than what they were raised to do. I know way to many people who came from nothing and turned it into something to go along with your plan.

cow pollinater":3klks1co said:
bball":3klks1co said:
That statement just stinks rotten to me. Our nation was built by people that did better than what they were raised to do. I know way to many people who came from nothing and turned it into something to go along with your plan.

Please remember, this is not FORCED, it's a CHOICE. To any and all citizens. No one is forcing anyone to, it's merely an option.

Also, this plan is actually far more civil than the plan you offered. I'm not starving anyone out or denying healthcare, or removing a system generations have learned to depend on cold turkey.

Finally, you used the word raised in your post. The problem is there are generations not being raised by anyone today, just tv, drugs, video games, left to their own devices.

Sorry my post offended you. I do believe in choices, consequences and responsibilty.

The liberals and EPA forced all our low to middle income jobs overseas. Some folks can't think for themselves and need someone to follow.

highgrit":7zq21vrc said:
The liberals and EPA forced all our low to middle income jobs overseas. Some folks can't think for themselves and need someone to follow.
I agree with you hg. Production of goods in this country is at a virtual standstill. And there is not enough demand for 'high end' goods ( the last things really produced here) worldwide to support our economy. We have virtually lost agronomy, and production in this country. Service based economic model doesn't last for very long. Part of what made this country great, has been sold out from under us.....while we were eating our bread and being entertained....just like Rome.

I am not sure I would equate America to Rome as much as I would equate America with the Jewish tribes in the OT. They turned their attention away from God many, many times. God stepped back, and bam, they act up again and again.

Latest posts