7 month old heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Backbone Ranch

Reaction score
We are about to wean this murray grey heifer in two weeks. She is 7 months old. Any thoughts or criticisms?
IMG_3036_zps80a27b0b.jpg

IMG_3034_zps54e45643.jpg

Great looking calf. Can't offer any criticism. My thoughts are I wish mine just came close to that.

fitz

One of the nicest 7 month old heifers I have seen. :tiphat: I don't care what color she is......I would take her in a heartbeat!

Thanks for all of the compliments on this heifer! In our opinion she is very good, but we think that we have two heifers that are better in our small calf crop. I will try to get photos of the two other heifers soon.
I have attached photos of the sire and the dam.
IMG_1907_zps492be4c4.jpg

IMG_1860_zps7200ae69.jpg

Backbone Ranch":bci0j943 said:
Thanks for all of the compliments on this heifer! In our opinion she is very good, but we think that we have two heifers that are better in our small calf crop. I will try to get photos of the two other heifers soon.
I have attached photos of the sire and the dam.
IMG_1907_zps492be4c4.jpg

IMG_1860_zps7200ae69.jpg
Well with those parents she didn't have much choice but to turn out well.......I'd take that cow in a heartbeat as well. She is my kind of cow :tiphat:

Very nice bull he is like a tank , but I really love that dam ,she is awesome ! Are you flushing her ? BTW her top line looks perfect .

Now you have to post pics of the 2 heifer calves that are even better than this gal . :tiphat:

I've always been told in judging, to find at least one fault, so here goes... She is so deep and thick looking that it almost makes her look short coupled. I realize though that that is primarily a play on the eyes in this case. Love the heifer, and can't wait to see the better two.

Short answer,
Four different breed associations with a fair amount of animosity and politics between them.
Color ain't right.
:2cents:

Latest posts