40 Years In The Electric Chair Is Not Enough

Help Support CattleToday:

jehosofat":1qm0kq5e said:
I could do it, and go to sleep in 5 minutes.

Believe it or not, I have a heart of gold for most things, but I got a heart of stone for some things.

Like Creasy said "Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting."

I have a feeling someone will arrange the meeting. Maybe with a "bullet behind the ear". But that's almost too painless in this case.

jehosofat":13s3dwph said:
Bright Raven":13s3dwph said:
Her crime is repulsive and one has to commend law enforcement for taking her out of society.

I am not one to second judge her penalty. I understand the feelings posted but I would very desperately reject the job of putting a gun to her head and killing her. I will be pleased to die and return to the elements without taking a fellow human's life. I know we have all made hasty statements such as "she should be shot". There are no doubt some who could do it with no remorse. Sure as heII, not me. I would see that face the rest of my life.

I could do it, and go to sleep in 5 minutes.

Believe it or not, I have a heart of gold for most things, but I got a heart of stone for some things.

yep.

Bright Raven":b5f0kemf said:
Her crime is repulsive and one has to commend law enforcement for taking her out of society.

I am not one to second judge her penalty. I understand the feelings posted but I would very desperately reject the job of putting a gun to her head and killing her. I will be pleased to die and return to the elements without taking a fellow human's life. I know we have all made hasty statements such as "she should be shot". There are no doubt some who could do it with no remorse. Sure as heII, not me. I would see that face the rest of my life.

A life for a life.
I've lived a good life and gladly be the trigger man. I don't think I'd burn in hell for ending the life of an evil person.
Whatever her damage is that's between her and God. I'd just set up the meeting.

Cross-7":2odemlqa said:
Bright Raven":2odemlqa said:

A life for a life.
I've lived a good life and gladly be the trigger man. I don't think I'd burn in be nice for ending the life of an evil person.

A life for a life:

The United States of America does not employ religious law. The US employs civil and statutory law. The Muslim nations are about the only nations left that still employ religious law. So a life for a life and eye for an eye has no role in our judicial system.

That doesn't mean you cannot hold the opinion that the tenets of your religion should be applied. However, religious law fails in a cosmopolitan society like the US where the religions and cultures are not the same.

Bright Raven":1gk7a80d said:
Cross-7":1gk7a80d said:
Bright Raven":1gk7a80d said:

A life for a life.
I've lived a good life and gladly be the trigger man. I don't think I'd burn in be nice for ending the life of an evil person.

A life for a life:

The United States of America does not employ religious law. The US employs civil and statutory law. The Muslim nations are about the only nations left that still employ their religious law. So a life for a life and eye for an eye has no role in our judicial system

That doesn't mean you cannot hold the opinion that the tenets of your religion should be applied. However, religious law fails in a cosmopolitan society like the US where the religions and cultures are not the same.
Not if a man can catch those kind of people. Child molestation, forceable rape and murder are no brainers for a bullet behind the ear. IMO

True Grit Farms":1zhz6gwm said:
Bright Raven":1zhz6gwm said:
Cross-7":1zhz6gwm said:
A life for a life.

A life for a life:

The United States of America does not employ religious law. The US employs civil and statutory law. The Muslim nations are about the only nations left that still employ their religious law. So a life for a life and eye for an eye has no role in our judicial system

Not if a man can catch those kind of people. Child molestation, forceable rape and murder are no brainers for a bullet behind the ear. IMO

My post was not commentary. It was factually based on how our judicial system is defined.

Yes. I can go kill my neighbor today because I don't like his dog. Nothing could stop me but I would be subject to civil law for doing so.

The philosophy that guided most of the world away from religious law is based on the concept of normativity:

Normative generally means relating to an evaluative standard. Normativity is the phenomenon in human societies of designating some actions or outcomes as good or desirable or permissible and others as bad or undesirable or impermissible. A norm in this normative sense means a standard for evaluating or making judgments about behavior or outcomes. Normative is sometimes also used, somewhat confusingly, to mean relating to a descriptive standard: doing what is normally done or what most others are expected to do in practice. In this sense a norm is not evaluative, a basis for judging behavior or outcomes; it is simply a fact or observation about behavior or outcomes, without judgment. Many researchers in this field try to restrict the use of the term normative to the evaluative sense and refer to the description of behavior and outcomes as positive, descriptive, predictive, or empirical.

Bright Raven":2iwc6sf2 said:
True Grit Farms":2iwc6sf2 said:
Bright Raven":2iwc6sf2 said:
A life for a life:

My post was not commentary. It was factually based on how our judicial system is defined.

Yes. I can go kill my neighbor today because I don't like his dog. Nothing could stop me but I would be subject to civil law for doing so.
Yep I'd kill my neighbors dog if I caught it molesting a child, raping someone or murdering someone. And it doesn't even need to be one of my family members.

Bright Raven":1w541qdz said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1w541qdz said:
Wrong, they were soulless ghouls.

I agree with that! I am not a soul person. But in addition, their brains were running a bad program.

A bullet behind the ear would hit the contrl/ alt/ delete button

In general and not specific to this case, I am thankful the United States and most nations on the planet have judicial systems that place the judgement and sentencing of criminals in the hands of responsible people or at least trained people guided by the rule of law. Including juries overseen by a trained judge. Nothing is perfect and one might cite many flaws but it certainly makes me feel better that putting it into the hands of a bunch of cowboy vigilantes.

Latest posts