2015 Ford F250 problem

Help Support CattleToday:

Once you mention a lawsuit to them they will stop talking to you all together. If youre still hoping they with take care of it then you'll probably want to keep that to yourself for now.

TCRanch":rzotpyig said:
Well, here's the update so far and it's not good:

The low fuel pressure pump was making a noise so they did a fuel test & discovered contamination, almost looks like rust particles, so the warranty is VOID. The condensed version is $8,042 for a 2015 truck with a little over 8900 miles, 842 of which were already on the truck when we bought it.

With help from True Grit I contacted Customer Care to file a 360 case but that has segued back to the local dealer who has to file a claim, verify w/Ford, work directly with their Ford rep - all contingent on approval from the Service Director who naturally is on vacation.

I have perused the links provided by saltbranch & True Grit in addition to fordtruckenthusiast.com - none of them provide much hope other than litigation or the possibility of my insurance company paying for the repair. Not one person I have talked to or any website can flat-out answer my simple question: How is it possible for the consumer to know the quality of fuel or whether the tanks contain particles of rust? Based on the amount of protective devices (screens, filters, etc) and guideline routine maintenance, how can Ford justify invalidating the warranty?

NECowboy, get the GMC!

Sorry to hear that but I have been down that road with our work trucks multiple times.

Ford will void the warranty because it says every 15K miles or as needed. They did the same thing to us on air filters and fuel filters. If they can wipe the inside of the air tube and get dust on a white glove... NO WARRANTY. We change air filters every 2K miles now.

The truck we dropped a $12K fuel system in was the exact same problem. They said contaminated fuel caused the issue.

That is not a dealer issue either. Its from Ford. We bounced around from 4 different dealers. I had one truck pulled from one dealer and towed to another. The last dealer we were using would just lie to Ford for us to get warranty. He knew what he needed to say.

Those issue were from 20K-60K miles. That's brand new trucks in my book.

I will hit 70,000 miles on my Duramax first of September. It will be 1 year old. Not one lick of trouble.

It's hard to go from a Ford truck to a GM truck. There's no room and no storage in the GM trucks. I went from Ford to GM and then to Ram. There all good when they work, and there all junk when they break. IMO

our new gmc has some much storage we aren't even using it all. 2015 sierra has pockets everywhere..but it sure aint no work truck..too soft

Kingfisher":7mjx4roh said:
Where do you buy your fuel? With 8000 miles you don't buy much. How full do you keep your tank?

Generally fill up when it hits a quarter left, 90% from the local Dillons (a Kroger chain). Specifically asked the Svc Mgr if he had seen the same issue with other trucks around here and he said a couple times but with older trucks w/100K+ miles.

True Grit Farms":2b4aytth said:
It's hard to go from a Ford truck to a GM truck. There's no room and no storage in the GM trucks. I went from Ford to GM and then to Ram. There all good when they work, and there all junk when they break. IMO

Bingo! Can't pin this issue specifically on Ford. Or GM or Dodge. Never had a problem with my other F250 but I bought it in '03 & the only problems with the Dodge we had were recalls, drive shaft.

Brute 23":1ap0cfg9 said:
TCRanch":1ap0cfg9 said:
Well, here's the update so far and it's not good:

The low fuel pressure pump was making a noise so they did a fuel test & discovered contamination, almost looks like rust particles, so the warranty is VOID. The condensed version is $8,042 for a 2015 truck with a little over 8900 miles, 842 of which were already on the truck when we bought it.

With help from True Grit I contacted Customer Care to file a 360 case but that has segued back to the local dealer who has to file a claim, verify w/Ford, work directly with their Ford rep - all contingent on approval from the Service Director who naturally is on vacation.

I have perused the links provided by saltbranch & True Grit in addition to fordtruckenthusiast.com - none of them provide much hope other than litigation or the possibility of my insurance company paying for the repair. Not one person I have talked to or any website can flat-out answer my simple question: How is it possible for the consumer to know the quality of fuel or whether the tanks contain particles of rust? Based on the amount of protective devices (screens, filters, etc) and guideline routine maintenance, how can Ford justify invalidating the warranty?

NECowboy, get the GMC!

Sorry to hear that but I have been down that road with our work trucks multiple times.

Ford will void the warranty because it says every 15K miles or as needed. They did the same thing to us on air filters and fuel filters. If they can wipe the inside of the air tube and get dust on a white glove... NO WARRANTY. We change air filters every 2K miles now.

The truck we dropped a $12K fuel system in was the exact same problem. They said contaminated fuel caused the issue.

That is not a dealer issue either. Its from Ford. We bounced around from 4 different dealers. I had one truck pulled from one dealer and towed to another. The last dealer we were using would just lie to Ford for us to get warranty. He knew what he needed to say.

Those issue were from 20K-60K miles. That's brand new trucks in my book.

I will hit 70,000 miles on my Duramax first of September. It will be 1 year old. Not one lick of trouble.

So I guess I should consider $8K a bargain :bang:

TCRanch":t8q04l20 said:
NECowboy":t8q04l20 said:
Test drove a GMC Sierra Denali tonight (roof line was too low, it's about inch lower than on Silverado which with an overpriced cab topper costing 20k higher sticker is essentially what my wife drives a Z71 Tahoe lol. So Sierra a new go, ditto to Silverado. I love the dickens out of the F350 Diesel Platinum (much better head room) but waiting for the new one to come out this fall to compare with the current body style. This thread intrigues me as I hope not to have diesel issues as I am in love with Super Dutys.

There's just something about them! Had an 03 King Ranch when we lived in TX with zero problems. Hubby got a Dodge 3500 cab/chassis with a Cannonball bale bed when we moved to the ranch permanently & nothing but recalls & problems. I went back to a Ford (traded in the aforementioned ostentatious Hummer) & he switched to a Chevy.

What year Dodge did he have? I've owned Fords since I could drive, but recently the wife and I bought a couple of the 6.7 Dodges. The trucks aren't built anywhere near as heavy as the Fords, but the engines are head and shoulders above anything I've driven with a Ford emblem in the grill.

cfpinz":19zg30uj said:
TCRanch":19zg30uj said:
NECowboy":19zg30uj said:
Test drove a GMC Sierra Denali tonight (roof line was too low, it's about inch lower than on Silverado which with an overpriced cab topper costing 20k higher sticker is essentially what my wife drives a Z71 Tahoe lol. So Sierra a new go, ditto to Silverado. I love the dickens out of the F350 Diesel Platinum (much better head room) but waiting for the new one to come out this fall to compare with the current body style. This thread intrigues me as I hope not to have diesel issues as I am in love with Super Dutys.

There's just something about them! Had an 03 King Ranch when we lived in TX with zero problems. Hubby got a Dodge 3500 cab/chassis with a Cannonball bale bed when we moved to the ranch permanently & nothing but recalls & problems. I went back to a Ford (traded in the aforementioned ostentatious Hummer) & he switched to a Chevy.

What year Dodge did he have? I've owned Fords since I could drive, but recently the wife and I bought a couple of the 6.7 Dodges. The trucks aren't built anywhere near as heavy as the Fords, but the engines are head and shoulders above anything I've driven with a Ford emblem in the grill.

I will tell you dodge has top notch motors for sure and wish they would use a ford transmission then I may give them a shot. I am embarrassed that I test drove one ... Ford please forgive me... It has good power but the truck itself was uncomfortable to me to drive. I also noticed every lil bump in the road I hit the bed shook like it was going to fall off I didn't like that either. No ford ive seen does that.

skyhightree1":1axwbj88 said:
cfpinz":1axwbj88 said:
TCRanch":1axwbj88 said:

I will tell you dodge has top notch motors for sure and wish they would use a ford transmission then I may give them a shot. I am embarrassed that I test drove one ... Ford please forgive me... It has good power but the truck itself was uncomfortable to me to drive. I also noticed every lil bump in the road I hit the bed shook like it was going to fall off I didn't like that either. No ford ive seen does that.

Sky what do you have for a pickup? I thought u said u had an SUV before that's why I brought that up the other day about the guy trying to sell steaks to you at the gas station in a round about way.

they all have fuel system problems at 20000- 35000 psi rail pressure a speck of water or dirt is a handgrenade...don't take much to ruin an injector

NECowboy":2hhp8tfm said:
skyhightree1":2hhp8tfm said:
cfpinz":2hhp8tfm said:

Sky what do you have for a pickup? I thought u said u had an SUV before that's why I brought that up the other day about the guy trying to sell steaks to you at the gas station in a round about way.

During the work week I am mostly in my business vehicle chevy avalanche ... Other than that all my business trucks are ford and farm trucks are fords. We have a couple SUV'S as well but I rarely drive them.

skyhightree1":2udvvuq4 said:
NECowboy":2udvvuq4 said:
skyhightree1":2udvvuq4 said:

During the work week I am mostly in my business vehicle chevy avalanche ... Other than that all my business trucks are ford and farm trucks are fords. We have a couple SUV'S as well but I rarely drive them.

Cool maybe that's where the SUV part came from. Avalanche is like part SUV/part truck?

NECowboy":fuj3ze9f said:
Cool maybe that's where the SUV part came from. Avalanche is like part SUV/part truck?

I guess you could say that the top over the bed is removable but the cab is crew cab basically

Latest posts