Ford 3600 lift arms

Help Support CattleToday:

Rising2KRanch

Reaction score
Looking at getting front end loader attachment for my 3600. What ford loader arms would fit? I found a set off a Ford 5000, but unsure if they'll mount up correctly.

A loader for a 5000 won't fit without a lot of modifications. 5000 is a 4cyl engine and larger frame size.

A Ford 730 loader with correct brackets would be the Ford loader for it.

But there were plenty of aftermarket loaders that were sold to fit. From experience it's best to find one with correct brackets for your 3600, building loader mounts isn't easy.

Look for a farmhand 22 loader. Was also sold as a Dunham-lehr 22. Usually sell very affordable.

I've got one on a 4000su and one on a 4600su. Handle 5'x6' bales regularly. Worst thing is getting different buckets for it. Usually need a fab shop to adapt the brackets.

A loader for a 5000 won't fit without a lot of modifications. 5000 is a 4cyl engine and larger frame size.

A Ford 730 loader with correct brackets would be the Ford loader for it.

But there were plenty of aftermarket loaders that were sold to fit. From experience it's best to find one with correct brackets for your 3600, building loader mounts isn't easy.
Oh okay that makes sense! Thank you much!

Look for a farmhand 22 loader. Was also sold as a Dunham-lehr 22. Usually sell very affordable.

I've got one on a 4000su and one on a 4600su. Handle 5'x6' bales regularly. Worst thing is getting different buckets for it. Usually need a fab shop to adapt the brackets.
Perfect I'll take a look around and see if I can locate one for a decent price. I appreciate it.

Should mention that a 3600 isn't a great candidate for a loader. The swept back front axle isn't the strongest, it's swept back design will cause the back end to get real light when lifting with the loader, also the radius rods tend to bow/buckle with loader weight over time.

Special Utility tractor I believe it was. Back half of a Ford 4000 in this case with the short wheelbase and associated axle of the smaller 3000 series. Giving them a lower profile and shorter turning radius.

Latest posts