109 on the porch -- hot enough?

Help Support CattleToday:

We finished out Saturday at 111, under the porch roof. High on Sunday was about 108 -- kinda weird as it was 100 before noon, then the high around 1:00, and it was back down to 100 by 3:00. But there was a front moving in from the NW over the mountains, so that might have brought the cool. Big fire in Wenatchee started Sunday afternoon about 2:00. My daughter was driving home to Wenatchee area from Seattle and snapped a pic of that fire when it was at maybe 50 acres near Monitor. Winds do NOT help! We had a short thunder storm here this morning -- one humongous boomer that literally made me fly out of bed at 6:15. Thank you, Lord, it didn't start anything in the area. They are still fighting fire in and around Wenatchee. Flying embers from maybe a mile away, and across major streets, started some commercial buildings on fire -- propane tanks blowing up and all kindsa mayhem.

after last year I didn't figure you had much left to burn around there :p

Hope the winds die down and things get under control, though that's not exactly what the weatherman was calling for

Nesikep":3vsdk6s2 said:
after last year I didn't figure you had much left to burn around there :p

Hope the winds die down and things get under control, though that's not exactly what the weatherman was calling for
Last year was up in the Okanogan, Nesi. It's like a patchwork quilt -- fire here; then another square; then another. Once it burns good, it's probably safe for a couple years.

Latest posts